Chapter 7

9 days left

Today's day was a waste too. It was feeling like, if we were thinking of something, there was always an another thought contradicting it. How can we possibly stop this wedding?

At one moment, I also felt like maybe I should run away with Hamid. We would leave this country and live happily somewhere else but then the thought of my mother and Parth bhaiya would come to my mind. I can't leave them. They both are so dear to me. I feel so stuck because of all this.

My mind was clouded with all these thoughts and I wanted to not think of this for a while. So, I came to spend some time in the garden. As I reached there, I saw Parth bhaiya and Aditi bhabhi were sitting on the swing. They were chatting happily while drinking coffee.

I didn't want to disturb their quality time. I turned around and was about to walk away but Aditi bhabhi called out to me.

"Piya", she shouted. "Where are you going? Come, sit with us".

I gave her a small smile and went towards them. I sat on the grass in front of the swing.

"Where were you going, huh?", Parth bhaiya asked and hit me on my head.

"Ouch bhaiya", I said rubbing my head. "I didn't want to disturb you both".

"Are you crazy?", bhaiya said. "You can always come to us anytime you want and there is nothing like you are disturbing us or anything".

I gave him a smile and said, "You are the best Bhai".

"Where were you after the lunch?", Bhabhi asked. "I even came to call you in your room".

Oh God! I was with Hamid and Amir that time. I didn't have much time to think over this and said the first reason that came to my mind.

"I-i was with Vivan", I told them, fumbling a bit.

Bhaiya and Bhabhi looked at each other with amused faces. Bhabhi turned towards me excitedly.

"Really?! Oh my god", she exclaimed. "This is so good that you both are spending time together and getting to know each other. You know Piya, this time you get before wedding is a really precious one. I am so happy for you both and you both should enjoy this time together because on the wedding day it is going to be full chaos. You both won't even realise how fast it would be over".

"I agree", Bhaiya said. "You remember Aditi, how tired we both were after the wedding? We both slept on our first night".

Aditi bhabhi and I laughed at his comment.

"Haww Bhaiya, you couldn't do any action on your first night", Piyush said. I turned around to see him and Vivan standing together behind me. I was so engrossed in listening to Aditi bhabhi that I didn't even notice them coming here.

"It happens", Bhaiya said. "I bet you will be even worse Piyush. You will definitely sleep in the car itself when you will be bringing your bride home".

Piyush and Vivan sat beside me on the grass.

"You don't have to be so mean", Piyush gasped.

Vivan laughed at this and I noticed that he has a very charming smile. No doubt why all the girls were crazy after him. I have heard of all the rumors about him and those models with whom his name has been linked. Media has always portrayed him to be that 'Serial dater'.

But getting to know him in person, I have realised that he is far better than what he is being shown.

"Didi, don't get too lost in him", Piyush said, bringing me out of my thoughts about Vivan.

I had been staring at him all along. God! This is embarrassing. Why do I have to be in these type of situations always?!

Also, Piyush called me 'Didi'!! He is really into this game of playing fake.

"I was not, okay!", I said with a huff and looked down.

"Yeah yeah, we all are blind, aren't we?", Aditi bhabhi teased.

"Not you Bhabhi!", I said with a surprised expression on my face. "I thought you were on my team".

"Not in this case", she replied and turned towards Vivan. "So, Vivan I heard that you and our dear Piya had been together since evening. What was going on? Spill the tea because Piya won't utter a single word about what all happened between you too".

I am now officially done with this. I was so afraid of what was going to happen. Vivan is going to deny this and everyone will get so suspicious. I am so fucked.

I looked at Vivan. I unknowingly bit my lip and my fingers were fidgeting. This is something that I do subconsciously when I get anxious. He also looked at me. His face was laced with confusion all over it. He studied my face for a second and it seemed like he understood the situation.

He turned towards Bhaiya and Bhabhi with a smile and said, "We were just talking and went for a walk".

Bhaiya and Bhabhi smiled at this.

I was so relieved on hearing this. Vivan quietly whispered in my ear, "You can stop fidgeting now. Everything is okay and I've got you".

I whispered back a small 'thank you' with a smile. He really is a very sweet person. I believe that I and him can be good friends after all of this is over.