Chapter 8

When I returned back from the garden, Hamid seemed to be very off. I had no idea what had been bothering him but I knew that he needed me at the moment.

I sneaked out from my room again and went to Hamid's room. When I reached, I saw that the lights of his room were off. It was just 11:30 pm right now and he usually does not sleep so early.

I turned the door knob and the door opened. I switched on the lights and saw that no one was there. Maybe Hamid was with Amir. I decided to sit there and wait for him to come back.

I lightly closed the door and sat on his bed. I sighed looking around the room. One thing I hate is waiting for anyone. I really am done with waiting for people.

Then, one thing caught my eye. There was a phone kept on a table. It wasn't Hamid's phone. I got up from the bed and went to take that phone but before I could pick it up, Hamid came inside.

"What are you doing here?", he asked, his gaze moving from me to that phone and then back to me.

"I just came to meet you but where were you?", I asked him, folding my arms in front of my chest.

"I-i was with Amir", he stuttered.

"And whose phone is this?", I asked, pointing towards that phone.

"Oh", he said with a laugh. "It's Amir's. He left it on the staircase and I found it so, I brought it with me. I forgot to take this with me right now. How stupid of me!"

I relaxed a bit and nodded in response.

"You were upset after I came from the garden", I told and moved near him, standing directly in front of him. I held his hand and caressed it. "Are you okay? Did something happen?".

He looked into my eyes with an emotion that I couldn't figure out. He said nothing. I became so nervous because of that intense eye contact that I looked down at the ground.

Suddenly, he took a hold of my chin. He roughly pulled my chin upwards, making me look at him.

"About that... ", he said in a low voice, taking a pause. "You and your fiance seemed to be getting really close there, weren't you?".

I was shocked at his behaviour. Even if he was jealous, he had never done this before. Usually, he would confront me about it and clear out tha misunderstanding but the side of him which I was seeing today was completely new to me.

I pushed his hand away from my chin and took a step back.

"Hamid!", I cried out. "You know there is nothing like that. I and Vivan are friends and remember, he has told us that he will help us to stop this marriage. Don't you trust me?"

His jaw ticked and he started taking steps towards me. I started taking steps backwards until my back collided with the wall behind me. I tried to escape from there but he caged me, putting both his hands on my shoulders.

"I do trust you Jaan", he said. His voice was low but that didn't mean he was calm. Instead, he was angry. "But I don't trust that guy. I saw him! How he whispered in your ear. How he was looking at you. I didn't like it. He needs to know his limits. If he tries to get closer to you, I won't leave him".

Next thing I know is, he slammed his lips on mine, kissing me roughly. I stood stunned there. I didn't know how to react. This wasn't my Hamid.

The Hamid I knew, would never do this.

He released me a few seconds later. I couldn't even look into his eyes because I was feeling so sick because of this different behaviour of his.

I pushed him back and ran away from his room. Tears streamed down my face and my hands shook.

God! Please show me the right path.

_______________

8 days left

I came downstairs for breakfast when Bhabhi called me. My eyes were puffy because of crying so much the night before.

My and Vivan's families were present at the table. I took a seat beside Parth bhaiya and Geet, Vivan's younger sister. She has a fair skin with black eyes and hairs coloured in the shade of burgundy. She is very outgoing person unlike her brother. Vivan is a quiet person until he gets friendly with someone. Geet is a law student and I am sure she can argue in the court very well considering she is a very straight forward person.

"Good morning Bhabhi", Geet said cheerfully.

I turned towards her with a smile. "Good morning", I replied trying to make my tone a little bit convincing that everything was fine.

"You know what", she said, putting her hand on my arm, shaking me. "I have picked out a gorgeous lehenga for your and Bhai's mehendi ceremony. After the breakfast, you are coming with me and I will show you. Also also also, I have also bought new jewelleries. I am so excited to show all of them to you".

I nodded with a smile. She is a really good hearted girl and I have made a very good bond with her in just a short span of time. But what would happen when after a few days I will break her heart....

"Geet beta calm down", Vivan's father said with a laugh. "And Piya beta, you will come with us to our office tomorrow. We want to show you your new place of work".

"New place of work?", I questioned.

"Yes", he replied. "After your marriage with Vivan, you will be working with us in our office as our new member".