four

kira's pov

my eyes keep darting from every inch of the classroom.

"su-hyeok?" i hear on-jo say causing me to stare. "has anyone seen him?" she looks around the classroom just like i did, except i didn't say anything. "you were with him right," her question directed at cheong-san.

why do i care?

cheong-san looks her way, "he was behind me,"

"then where is he now?" she asks her voice cracking.

does she like su-hyeok, is that why she stopped him in the stairs? Is that why she looked at me funnily the day he acknowledged me instead of her.

"i don't know," cheong-san says looking away.

I sit down on the floor my head leaning against the wall when all of a sudden the sound of the speakers squealing makes me cover my ears.

"students and teacher of hyosan high school, I'm Park Sun-hwa, the english teacher," Her voice rings over the speakers.

"something strange is happening through the school," everyone looks at each other fearfully. "some students are attacking others indiscriminately, so please flee and find a safe place," i put my head down as the room begins to fill with sorrow. "and if any student or faculty hears this and is able to, please call the police and fire department." I look up to see the sad looks on everyone faces.

"students, hide somewhere safe until help arrives, if you can get out of the school, please get out," the reality begins to sink in, I hear her voice cracking at every word. "hey everyone, you're okay, right? you're not hurt? i don't know what's going on in here or how this whole thing happened, but still find a safe place and hide, im sorry, i can't help," ms parks sobs are heard through the speakers, i see tears rolling down a few of my classmates faces, "don't get hurt, okay? please, let's stay alive and meet again. okay?" complete sorrow fills the room.

so this is it, this is our life, it's either live or die, we don't get a second chance anymore, we either fight or we die.

i walk over and sit myself next to dae-su leaning my head on his shoulder while a few whispers can be heard. "me and you will always be friends, right?" he asks me, i nod my head, we've been friends since middle school , unlike me and cheong-san who have been friends since we were basically infants.

"do you think su-hyeok is okay?" i ask hopefully.

"he's a fighter." dae-su states.

"i mean it, i wasnt bitten." my head shoots over to the voice. i-sak. no.

"what's going on?" na-yeon asks standing up. "did you get bitten?"

"i said i wasn't," I-sak runs over to the mirror staring at her reflection. on-jo hugs i-sak as she keeps denying being one of them.

"what are you doing, get her out of here right now!" na yeon yells. Everyone stands up and begins to hold all the tables and chairs together due to the zombies trying to push their way in.

"come on, i said i'm okay," i-sak yells. cheong san pulls on-jo away. i-sak falls to the floor as her bones begin to crush.

She runs forward and cheong-san hits her with a chair. "cheong san!" on-jo screams causing i-sak to run forward towards her. Cheong-san pushes her out the window and on-jo grabs onto her. I can hear cheong-san telling on-jo to let go of i-sak, i look over at scene unfolding feeling my heart sink into the pit of my stomach.

flashback

"why are you taking so long." i-sak rolls her eyes at on-jo as i finish getting changed.

"it does a while to look as good as me you know," i wink and on-jo before we all burst out into laughter.

"that's probably by wu-jin likes you, you're so pretty," i-sak says, i shake my head denying her words.

"i think your gorgeous, the both of you," i say turning to face i-sak and on-jo.

"ya! stop you're going to make me blush," i-sak jokes hiding her face in her hands.

i splash some water on my face to get rid of the sweat from soccer practice. After finally changing back into uniform we leave the school, all of our arms linked together, on-jo on my right and i-sak on my left.

"ooo let's stop here!" on-jo exclaims looking at the photo booth. we walk in and put some funny hats on, looking at each other we laugh before heading into get our pictures taken.

"one, two, three," on the count of three we all doing a funny pose, repeating it another 4 times before getting the photos strips handed to us.

"i love it!" i exclaim looking down and the three of us together. Just being teenagers. Such a simple life we live without even knowing.

"let's go get some food," i-sak says making me and on-jo nod.

i rub my stomach with my hand, "after practice i could eat a whole pig right now," i joke, we all laugh together, in sync, enjoying each others company.

end of flashback

i see na-yeon kick the stool over to cheong-san who picks it up, i looked away only hearing the thuds of chair beat against i-sak.

I continue to hold up the chair and tables not wanting it to collapse and give the zombies the upper hand. I had to put all the feelings away, there was no time to morn i-sak or min-ji. we were all just doing our best to survive.

"Let's go," cheong-san says making everyone look at him.

"where would we go?" wu-jin asks.

"the hose from earlier," cheong san says, "gyeong-su," he looks over at cheong san.

I sit down letting cheong sans plan unravel, I close my eyes letting myself have a few moments of peace in this storm.

For a single moment all i could hear was my heart beating and my thoughts, no outside world.

"let's go," my eyes open at cheong sans voice, he holding the hose and chucking it out the window. "ill go down and check the empty rooms, i'll call when it's clear,okay?" everyone nods at him

I stare over at him, he's about to go down when i see him staring at on-jo who is still, rightfully, upset about i-sak. He changes his mind about going first, "gyeong-su, you go first," he says climbing back into the classroom.

"why did you see something," he asks suspiciously. "what's down there?"
i see him start to climb out the window and down the rope. "ms parks down here," gyeongsu calls up making me sigh a relief.

"do you think i should leave su-hyeok a note?" I ask nam-ra who nods in response.

I grab a sticky note and a pen and begin to write: su-hyeok, we are in the broadcasting road
-kira :)

Next na-yeon climbs down, one by one they all go until it's just me and cheong-san. "you go kira," i shake my head.

"you go, you've done a lot more than me so far, just go,"

"no,"

"yes,"

we begin to go back and forth before i huff, "just go, stop playing the hero and just go," i say

"you go because if we continue to stand here arguing, we die," he says with an annoyed tone, "next time you can play the hero," i hesitantly nod before giving cheong san a hug, "just make it down in town,"

"i will," he says

i begin the climb down the rope before i know it i'm pulled into a classroom.