eight

kira's pov

small sniffles are heard from around the room as we mourn gyeong-su. Thoughts running through my head.

"that asshole," i hear dae-su mutter through his sobs. "gyeong-su, why did you have to turn," he cries

"i told you all," my head looks up towards na-yeon. "he was infected."

dae-su looks over at her wiping his eyes, "well, are you happy now?" he cries out.

"you were all wrong, only i was right." she says, "what would you do without me?"

"well done," i say staring at her, "well done you were right about someone's death, congratulations," sarcasm laced my voice.

"hey," my head snaps over to nam-ra, "maybe you did it," my eyes widen at her accusations.

"what?" na yeon asks

nam ra walks over to where na yeon is sitting and they stare at each other. "i saw everything... na yeon."

na yeon rises from her chair so she's face to face with nam ra. "what? what did you see?"

"you're the one who did it."

"who did what? I didn't do anything to gyeong su."

"i didn't say anything about gyeong su"

"knock it off, what are you talking about?" wu-jin asks trying to deescalate the situation.

being ignored by both na-yeon and nam-ra, na yeon says, "i didn't do anything."

"while we were all watching gyeong su you were in the back alone," nam ra recalls. She turns and points at the broken, half covered mop. "you wiped that blood with your handkerchief,"

silence takes over the room waiting for na yeon to respond, "no, i didn't."

"you wiped that on the scratch on gyeong sus hand." i stand up.

"i did not,"

"it's in your pocket."

"so what?"

"take it out."

"no."

"take it out." nam ra holds her hand up only for it to be smacked away by na yeon.

"i said no." she spits

i walk closer but am pulled back by su-hyeok.

"should i take it out?" nam ra questions and reaches for na yeons pocket. na yeon defends herself pushing nam ra away from her.

"fuck you, who the hell do you think you are?" i walk towards na yeon slapping her across the cheek.

"ya! have some respect!" i spit at her watching as her head jerks to the side.

"that's enough!" ms park says walking over to us. "nam ra, do you realise what you're saying right now? if that is true, it means na yeon killed gyeong su."

"it's true," nam ra states, "na yeon did it, she killed him."

"you fucking cunt," na yeon mutters pulling out the handkerchief from her pocket chucking it at nam ra. "there! happy?"

i bend down to pick up the handkerchief as it drops to the floor. I look down at the fabric in my hand to see blood smeared all over it. "this is blood."

"i wiped gyeong sus hand."

"his cut was small, there is not way there could've been this much blood coming from it, look, it's smothered on it!" i exclaim holding back the tears.