ten

kira's pov

"theres nobody there," nam ra starts, everyone looking towards her, "there are no lights on in the stores and apartments out there. they all ran away or died."

"what do you mean by that?" on jo asks

"no one's coming to save us."

"why do you have to be so pessimistic?" joon yeong asks

"don't you know my mom? she would've torn the school apart looking for me but she isn't here yet."

"so what do you wanna do?" ji min questions.

"i'm just trying to point out the facts."

"we all know that no one's coming, so i think we should just figure out what we're gonna do next."

"we have to wait to be recused." on jo chimes in. "we can't leave somewhere safe to go somewhere dangerous."

nam ra looks down at her, "and what if nobody comes?"

"we haven't been waiting that long."

"how long do you think we have to wait? do you think we should wait until we die?" nam ra inquired.

"no, i'm saying let's wait as long as we can, there's no way we can go out right now anyway."

"it's probably because it's nighttime, i'm sure somebody will come in the morning, maybe, there are a lot of choppers flying around, let's just wait until tomorrow and we'll see." su hyeoks voice chimes in from beside me.

"everyone should try and get some sleep." cheong san stands up looking around at everyone.

even though everyone begins to shake their heads and disagree, it doesn't take long for them all to fall right into a deep slumber.

i look around thinking everyone is asleep but i notice su hyeok next to me wide away. "why aren't you sleeping?" i whisper.

"i could ask you the same thing," he whispers back to me. i shrug my shoulders not knowing what to say. "can i ask you something?"

"yeah."

"what were you and wu jin talking about in the broadcasting room?" i look at su hyeoks face, the moon shinning down perfectly on it, showing every one of his perfect features, from his hair to his eyes to his mouth to his chin.

"we just spoke about what ifs, what if we had said things earlier or what if we weren't in a zombie apocalypse." su hyeok doesn't respond so i continue "i used to like him when i first started high school, not anymore, but back then there was something so special about him, now all i see him is as a friend but i know how he's liked me since our second year, our conversation was about if one of us confessed first then maybe something would've happened, but you can't change the past, what's done is done," i respond

"is there anyone you do like?" su hyeok asks.

i smile at him, "that's for me to know and for you to maybe find out maybe not." he quietly laughs, smiling at me. "do you like anyone?" i ask back.

he tilts his head to the side, "yes."

my eyes widen, "really?! i always took you as a 'i don't do relationships' type of guy."

he shakes his head still continuing to smile at me, "i definitely do do relationships just not with anyone in particular."

i nod my head, "that makes sense." i sit for a while trying to think of what to say.

"why did you interrupt me and wu jin and say there was a meeting when there actually wasn't?"

su hyeok looks down at his lap, avoiding all eye contact with me. "i don't know."

i don't respond.

we fall into a deep silence but not for long when i hear su hyeoks voice in a whisper speak to me, "you look really pretty."

i could feel my cheeks heat up at his compliment and my eyes widen not expecting something to come out of his mouth. "oh, thank you."

"you don't have to look away from me you know." i quietly laugh as i feel su hyeok put his hand under my chin moving my head to face him.

our faces were now just inches apart from each other, he smiles at me, i get a unfamiliar feeling inside my stomach.

I begin to bring my hand up to his face when we hear a door close making us look away from each other, i drop my hand by my side acting as tho i never moved it. I see cheong san coming out from the toilet, he sends us a smile before going to lie back down.

I hear su hyeoks soft sigh next to me, i shake away the thoughts in my head as my eyes begin to close and my head begins to fall to the side.

————————————————

my eyes opens, i begin to rub them attempting to wake myself up. i notice how im lay on my side, my head lay against something soft. I notice it wasn't a regular pillow it was someone legs.

The familiar school trousers makes me push myself up, i turn my head to see su hyeok smiling at me.

that damn smile.

"why did you let me fall asleep on you? did you even go to sleep?" i say in a hushed tone noticing everyone still asleep.

he chuckles quietly to himself, "after cheong san came back from the bathroom you must've fallen asleep because your head fell onto my chest and i didn't want you being uncomfortable so i moved you so you were comfy." my eyes soften and guilt emerges in my stomach.

"but surely you wouldn't have slept well that's if you even went to sleep."

he shakes his head. "i was actually pretty comfy, you must've taken your jumper off at some point yesterday, so i grabbed it and used it as a pillow, it didn't take me that long to fall asleep after you and i've only just woken up."

i let sigh of relief before examining the rest of my classmates. i begin to laugh quietly as i see dae su lay on the floor with both arms out wide. joon yeong was lay on one of his arms while wu jin was curled up lying on the other.