Chapter 8: Foamotose Agony

[1ST PERSON POV]

It was the early evening of the next day and I was protecting the bubble core on the snow covered outskirts of town with Rave, who looked completely different and had a look of execution and slaughtering in his eye.

I briefly made eye contact with him but looked away in shame.

We didn't speak for 5 hours as we killed 50 hordes of bubble beasties big and small. It was 3 in the morning and I was tired, but ready to explain myself to Rave but something was telling me to run for my life.

"Rave, can we talk?" I asked with a sense of dread and unease as my knees started to tremble slowly.

"TALK? CAN WE TALK?! YOU KNOW, I AM SICK OF FUCKING TALKING TO YOU Y/N, BECAUSE EVERY TIME WE TALK YOU DO NOTHING BUT LIE TO ME AND GIVE ME EMPTY PROMISES!!"

"Rave–"

" AND YOU HAVE THE SHEER AUDACITY TO SO CALLED "ACCIDENTALLY" SLEEP WITH ESPUMA WHO IS MY SWORN ENEMY AND YOU FUCKING KNEW THAT!!

A strong, powerful force emitted from his voice as it threw me back onto the ground, with Rave towering over my small form aiming his foam hose at me.

"Rave STOP! NO!" I cried as he got closer to my weak, terrified form.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT VILE, FILTHY AND DISGUSTING GERMS LIKE YOU DESERVE? TO BE DECONTAMINATED, DISINFECTED AND ANNIHILATED!!"

He yelled as he shot a red poisonous looking foam at my head, causing me to black out and slowly lose consciousness.

He continued to cover me in the glowing lethal substance as my body started to shut down slowly. He walked away, leaving me to die in his red foam with no one around to save me.

............................................................................

1 Month Later.......

[3RD PERSON POV]

"Doctor Kashiro, how bad does it look?" Tonix asked with a great amount of concern.

Doctor Kashiro has a calm but worried expression on his face.

"After injecting 6 antidote injections into different sections of her body, about 85% of the lethal toxin has been extracted from her body."

Agito perked up after hearing the doctor's good news, but then he continued.

"But the downside is that she won't be waking up for a little while to help let her body recover and the rest of the antidote to circulate

through her nervous system," he replied as he wrote down Y/N's vitals on his clipboard.

"So there is hope that my mermaid princess will wake up from her hibernation?" Agito seeked a hopeful response from the doctor as he scooted himself on the edge of his seat.

"Yes, there is a 95% chance of her waking up. But the timeframe, we aren't sure of just yet," Doctor Kashiro smiled as Agito got excited.

"Thank you so much Doctor Kashiro! You saved Y/N's life!!" Agito squealed as he ran and gave him a hug.

Doctor Kashiro was taken aback but returned the hug and left out the door.

Agito stayed the night in Y/N's room at the hospital everyday until she woke up. He bought her (F/C) flowers in (F/C) vases and had the help of Tonix, Soa, MelT, Penny and Jet Justice to decorate her room with (F/C) balloons, cards, sweets and decorations.

...........................................

3 months later on a Thursday morning, Y/N finally opened her beautiful (E/C) eyes and saw everyone talking and watching tv.

"G-Guys? What happened?"

"Y/N!!! YOU'RE AWAKE!!!" Agito shouted excitedly with Soa running straight into her bed with a bear hug.

"I was sleeping? For how long?" Y/N was very confused and briefly forgot about the memories of Rave nearly killing her at the Bubble Core.

"Y/N, you were in a coma for 3 months. Tonix and Jet were doing routine checks at each Bubble Core and saw you half dead on the ground covered in this bleach and ammonia smelling foam that was destroying your body," Penny explained.

"And what about Rave?" Y/N asked, oblivious to the fact that she was almost murdered by him.

Agito was about to snap. He grabbed Y/N's shoulders and started to shake the nonsense out of her.

"RAVE TRIED TO KILL YOU Y/N!! HE WANTS TO GET RID OF YOU AND ESPUMA AT ALL COSTS!! SHARK YOUR FINS OUT OF THE FISHNET AND REALIZE THAT HE WANTS YOU DEAD!!" Agito shouted, causing one of the nurses to come in.

"Is everything okay?" the kind nurse asked.

"Yeah, we're fine. Our friend is just worked up about some things", Tonix reassured.

The nurse nodded and left the room, closing the door for privacy.

Then a tsunami of flashbacks entered my head as I remembered everything about Rave almost killing me.

"Rave...." I said to myself below a whisper. 

I then thought about all the horrible things he said and done to me and I was disappointed with myself for how I let Rave mistreat and disrespect me because I liked him.

"I deserve so much better than him. Something so much better than him... Like.... Agito...." I thought as the memory of our first kiss popped into my head.

All the memories of us spending time together, down to that silly karaoke night of singing his favorite song. It made me shed a few tears knowing how I hurt him by sleeping with Espuma that night.

"My mermaid princess, what's wrong?" his energetic voice echoed in my mind.

His mermaid princess....

I pulled Agito in for a hug as I broke down crying into his shoulder, sobbing hard as I apologized to him repeatedly for breaking his heart.

The others were watching us in an awkward silence until Tonix spoke up.

"How about we give them some time alone. They both have been through a lot", she suggested.

"I agree Tonix, let's go get some ice cream at Meltie's" Soa chimed as they all walked out the door.

Agito pulled away from me and kissed my tears away.

"I forgive you, mermaid princess. I know that you didn't mean to hurt me. I just needed some space to gather my thoughts, and my phone was off", Agito explained.

"Can you make me a promise?" He asked as he stuck out his pinkie.

"What is it?"

"Promise me that you'll stay away from Rave? Not calling him, texting or visiting him. Promise me that you'll protect yourself from him?"

I hesitated first but after reflecting on what I've been through–

"I promise", I replied sincerely as I wrapped my pinkie around his.

"Don't break it this time Y/N..." he replied lowly.