Chapter 6

Piper

About four years later

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" voices shouted, waking me up from my nice dream about Skylar Astin. I groaned and buried my face into my purple pillow.

My blankets were yanked off of me and my eyes fluttered open. I glared at Sam who was holding my purple blanket. "Go away" I grumbled. "I want to sleep"

The bed dipped as Mason, Liam, and Zeke got on my bed. They all started jumping up and down. "Wake up, Pipes" they said, using the nickname they gave me.

Kat shook my shoulders. "Get up. Grams made breakfast" she stated. I heard breakfast, which means food. I jumped out of bed and raced down the stairs of the pack house.

Last year, Zeke and I moved out of Grams' house and into the pack house. We decided it would be safer in the pack house because guards were always around the area. Recently, rogues have been coming into our territory. Its only a matter of time until we will be too small to be considered a pack. We've been losing pack members during fights.

During one of the first fights, Isaac, Liam's father, was killed. Liam saved Mason. A rogue was gonna attack Mason from behind, but Isaac jumped in front of him and took the bite. He died a few hours later in the pack house. Liam took his death the hardest, considering that Isaac's his father. We all mourned, but we felt happy for Isaac. Before he died, he told us that he was okay with dying. He would finally get to see his mate again. We understood that he was in a better place because he had his mate with him.

"Mornin' Grams!" I exclaimed while plopping down on a chair. Immediately, a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs were placed in front of me. Grams kissed the top of my head as Liam, Mason, Kat, Zeke, and Sam raced into the kitchen.

They were each carried boxes wrapped in purple wrapping paper. If you haven't guessed, purple is my favorite color. "Happy 18th birthday, Piper" Sam said, handing me a long rectangular box.

I stood up and excitedly grabbed the box. I peeled off the wrapping paper to reveal a black jewelery box. I smiled at Sam before opening the box. I gasped. "Oh my god. Sam" I said with tears brimming my eyes.

Inside the box was an anklet that I saw a few months ago. It was a simple gold chain with an infinity sign. I wanted to buy it, but I didn't have enough money. Sam must've remembered. "Thank you so much" I whispered while tightly hugging him.

Sam grinned at me before moving out of the way. Kat handed me a box that was kinda big, but really light. I took off the wrapping paper to reveal a jello-shot molder. "This is amazing!" I shouted while looking at the box. Jello-shots are the best. I don't always put alcohol in it, but even non-alcoholic jello-shots are awesome. "We're so gonna use this tonight" I stated with a huge smile on my face.

Kat giggled as I wrapped my arms around her. She moved out the way, for Liam to have his turn.I took the gift and opened it. I squealed and jumped up and down while hugging Liam. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you" I chanted while looking at my new phone.

Liam chuckled. "Well I did kinda break your old one, so... I got you a new one" he said with a small smile. Kinda? He was playing Flappy Bird on my phone, but he kept dying. He got frustrated and he- yeah you guessed it- threw my phone at the wall. Because of his werewolf strength, my phone literally shattered to pieces.

Next was Mason. He handed me a box that was smaller than all the others. I quickly opened it to reveal a small cardboard box. I easily ripped open the box and keys fell into my hand. "No way" I said while looking at the familiar remote. "I get Laa-Laa?" I asked in disbelief.

Mason nodded with a huge smile on his face. "Happy birthday, Pipes" he said. I screeched and jumped into his arms. Laa-Laa is- or was Mason's yellow corvette stingray. I named her Laa-Laa cause it's yellow and the yellow teletubby is named Laa-Laa. They are like the exact same shade of yellow, so yeah. Mason put me down in front of Zeke.