Chapter 14.2

Caleb

Toby finally got to the forest lines. I could smell the strong scent of my mate on him. My wolf pushed forward. "Don't lose control" Toby demanded. Like it's that easy. He stood a few yards away from me. I could still smell Piper's scent on him. It was taunting me. "Don't let you wolf take over" he instructed.

"How the hell do I do that?" I growled. I clenched my fists as my claws extended. They dug into my skin and I could feel blood seeping out of my hands.

Toby noticed and took a few steps back. "I did this on purpose" he informed me, referring to Piper's scent. "Think about Piper" I imagined her big brown eyes and her gorgeous hair. I remembered the first time I saw her in that beautiful blue dress.

A growl erupted from my chest. "Not her appearance. Think about her. Your will to protect her. You have to want to protect her more than your wolf wants to take control" Toby declared. I closed my eyes. "Take a deep breath" he ordered. I focused as I inhaled through my nose.

I was filled with Piper's scent. My wolf was clawing for control. I pictured Piper's face after her bad dream. She was frightened. I never want her to have a dream like that again. "Deep breath" Toby ordered. I remembered how scared she was when we first found out that we are mates. I never want her to be scared of me. I envisioned her trembling figure as my wolf had control. She has so scared. She should never have to be scared of me or anyone else. "Open your eyes" Toby instructed.

Following his directions, I noticed that he was only about a yard away from me. "You did g-" he was cut off when a loud scream sounded in the pack-link. Before the scream was even over, I was already at the pack house.

Knowing it was my mate, gave me more speed. I was the first one to burst into her room. I saw Richard and Amanda in Piper's room. Piper was curled up in a corner. I slowly made my way over to my mate. "Piper. What's wrong?" I asked softly.

She looked at me with much more fright than I've ever seen her have. "Leave me alone!" she shouted. "You're all monsters!" I felt a pang in my chest. I slowly moved away from Piper and next to Richard.

Piper started mumbling words that I couldn't make out, until she blurted something. "I didn't mean it. Please forgive me for my harsh words. I accept whatever punishment you seek necessary" Piper tightly shut her eyes.

"Everyone out!" Mason ordered. There was power in his voice, making everyone run out of Piper's room. He came up to me and patted my shoulder. "We'll talk later. I just have to help calm Piper down" he informed me. I looked at my mate who was trembling as Brenda helped her stand.

I nodded in agreement before leaving the room. What the hell happened? I followed the rest of the pack downstairs and quickly spotted Richard, Wyatt's father. "What happened?" I inquired.

Richard slightly bowed his head at me. "I arrived at the Luna's room, and Amanda opened the door. She introduced me to the Luna, but Luna Piper started shaking and sweating" he explained.

"She had a panic attack" Kat interjected.

Richard nodded. "So she fell off the bed, then she just closed her eyes. She was breathing, but it was like she just passed out. I started shaking her to wake her up, but she pushed me away. Then she just screamed in the pack-link" he informed me. "I didn't mean to frighten her, Alpha" Richard apologized.

I sighed and nodded. "Where's Amanda?" I questioned. Everyone pointed to the stairs where my sister was trying to make a silent escape. "Amanda" I said sternly.

She shrieked before running up the stairs. I easily caught up to her and picked her up off the ground. I carried her past the pack and to my office. I shut the door behind me and carefully set her on the ground. "What happened?" I asked.