Chapter 8.2

Caleb

I'm finally on my way back home. This fucking Alpha wanted me to find a she-wolf for him. Alpha Terence claimed that she's his son's mate and she ran away. Honestly, I don't believe that he's telling the truth. Even if he is, and his son's mate ran away, then I bet she had a good goddamn reason. I mean, someone just doesn't run away for nothing, especially if you have a mate, right?

I never even liked the Blood Star Pack. Actually, I despised that pack. Our packs have just been allies since my father was Alpha. I don't understand why my father agreed to have an alliance with Alpha Terence. That Alpha is horrible. His pack is only strong because he uses fear to control people. And I don't want someone like that as an ally.

Hopefully, I get home soon. The Blood Star Pack is four hours away, driving. I'm a little over half way home. I just gotta change, do the ceremony, do some paperwork, then I can finally go to sleep. I haven't slept a wink in about 60 hours, I had to prepare paperwork for the new wolves joining my pack.

I'm completely okay with Mason's pack as allies. Mason is an amazing Alpha. He treats everyone in his pack like family. The fact that the rogues are trying to take one of his family members away, must hurt. He lost a lot of people trying to protect one person. The girl must be special for him to go through all that trouble.

He lost almost his whole pack. Even Isaac. It sucks that I couldn't go to Isaac's funeral. I had rogues on my territory. They were asking about a she-wolf. Everyone just wants she-wolves. I told the rogues that I had no idea about anything. I was not gonna give someone to rogues. I know for a fact that the girl they were looking for, was not one of the rogues' mate. The men didn't show any concern for the she-wolf. I felt guilty, wondering if she was alone somewhere in the woods, but I can't do anything about it.

"They have just arrived" Wyatt mind-linked me, regarding Mason's pack. I feel bad for not being there. An Alpha should always be present when he has guests. I should be there because these aren't just guests. They will be joining my pack.

More importantly, I should be there to welcome them. Transitioning between packs cannot be easy. "Make sure they are comfortable. I'll be back before the ceremony" I responded. Wanting to get there on time, I pressed down harder on the gas pedal.

********************************************************

I got to the pack house about twenty minutes before the ceremony is supposed to start. I parked behind Mason's yellow corvette stingray. Damn, that car is a beauty. I rushed into the house and up all the stairs to the Alpha/Beta floor. I started taking off my shirt as I entered my room. Slipping on my dark blue polo, I kicked off my shoes and attempted to button up my shirt at the same time. I ended up tripping and falling on my ass.

Giggling filled my ears. I turned and saw Amanda, my sister, sitting on my bed. She was clutching her stomach as she laughed at me. "How long have you been there?" I questioned while standing back up.

I finished buttoning up my shirt whilst she talked. "Long enough" she said with a giggle. I rolled my eyes and went into my closet for pants. Dark colors. I need something that will look nice. I found a pair of black jeans and quickly slipped them on.

"Come on" I said while walking towards the door, but Amanda stopped me from moving. "We're gonna be late" I informed her. I would look like a shit Alpha if I wasn't here to welcome the new members and if I was late to their ceremony. Not professional at all.

Amanda rolled her eyes and pointed down. My eyes followed her finger to my feet. I never put on shoes. My sister laughed at me while I slipped on my all black Vans. I have a shirt, pants, and shoes, I just need to fix my hair a bit. I ran my hand through my hair so it didn't look like I just woken up. "You look very handsome" Amanda complimented me.