Chapter 22

Caleb

We created a plan in just a few hours. I would go to the Blood Star Pack with Mason, Sam, Toby, Tyler, Wyatt, Richard, and a few other warriors. Unfortunately; Zeke, Brenda, Amanda, Kat, Emily, and Kaley all invited themselves. We didn't have time to argue with them, so we let them tag along.

Brenda will probably be able to smack a few guys; hopefully no one is that big of an ass-hole to hit her- even if they tried, Toby will probably kill them in an instant. I know that Sam and Tyler will look after their sisters. Wyatt will no doubt protect Emily. I told Richard to help Kaley; since I've never actually seen the woman fight, I don't know if she could do any damage. Mason and I will look after Zeke because the kid hasn't even shifted yet. I know Piper would probably be mad at me for letting Zeke go; but she's his sister. Enough said.

Before we left; Mason, Zeke, Sam, Liam, and Toby decided to have a talk with me. We finally told Liam about what was happening. Since he couldn't go, he told us to 'kill her bastard father' for him. Anyways, the talk was about Piper. Honestly, I didn't know whether to believe them or to believe the note.

Piper means the world to me. I love her more than anything. I love that she's so selfless. I love that she let me help her when she couldn't be strong. I love that she doesn't take long to get ready. I love that she let me cuddle with her even though she was hesitant about physical contact. I love that she still gave me a chance after that whole marking incident. I love how she blushes and buries her face in my chest when she gets embarrassed. I love her laugh and her smile. I love her big brown eyes that make her look so innocent. I love how my shirts look like short dresses on her. I love the fact that somehow her legs always got tangled with mine as we slept. I love that our relationship is barely physical- its all emotional.

I love Piper Kingsley. I fucking love every little thing she does and every little detail that makes her Piper.

But that note broke me. For hours and hours, the words would replay in my head. I love Nick. It just made me angry that she went on for weeks, acting like we were actually a real couple. Then it was like my whole world was burnt down to ashes once I read the note.

Eventually, I gave up trying to chose what to believe. I was gonna go after her either way. No matter how much her words hurt me, I knew that my pain wouldn't even compare to what she could be going through. Which is why I was creeping along the territory lines of the Blood Star Pack at ten in the morning. I absolutely hate this pack. And I wasn't afraid to make it known. The pack is run by men who use fear as control. Cowards.

There was absolutely no patrol when we got there. We all ran in human form into the territory. No one was coming after us, but we all kept our eyes peeled for any warriors. The whole place reeked of rogues. As the pack house came into view, a loud scream echoed in the air.

I knew it wasn't Piper, but it was a girl. Instantly, we all sped up; and got to the pack house a few moments later. We went around the side and stopped at the front. There was a guy about my age, standing on the porch. I didn't really pay attention to him because of the sight right in front of me.

Kneeling on the floor was my mate and another girl- most likely the one who screamed. Behind them was the one man that I had wished I would never see again. Alpha Terence. He held a gun as he smiled at me. "Well, hello; Alpha Caleb" he taunted me. I kept my eyes on Piper. She shook her head at me as she pursed her lips.

I scanned over her face. Her face had bandages on it, and there were visible bruises covering her skin. I promised her that she wouldn't get hurt again. And now look where we are. Clenching my jaw, I looked at my surroundings. It looked like the pack was against their Alpha. They all stood proudly behind the guy- who I think is probably Nick. There was one man that I instantly knew was Piper's father. He was standing behind Alpha Terence, along with a group of rogues.