Chapture 18

NARRATORS POV

they all sat in the living room, Cecilia sat on Poland's lap while drinking tea, Lennon sat beside Poland while holding a piece of tea, his hands shaking, he started to worry about what would happen next. Poland stroked Cecilia's hair gently while smiling warmly. German and his family just looked at Cecilia gloomy and jealous. The one who suffered the most was Reich. He almost broke a glass because of his hatred, but after seeing Poland's gentle attitude, he managed to control his anger.

Poland : what, if we play chess? Incidentally, Lennon was good at playing chess.

everyone was silent for a moment, but suddenly the Empire smiled sarcastically followed by the others, the Empire smiled gently at Poland then held his hand gently. Poland brushed his hand away, trying to act calm in front of his children. but Lennon and Cecilia realized what those people meant by smiling. The Empire approached Poland's ear then started whispering.

GE : what if we make an agreement that if your child wins we will let you go, but don't worry, we will still watch over you, but from afar. but if I win you come with us.

Poland was stunned for a while his gaze became gloomy for a while. but he immediately smiled again when he saw Lennon and Cecilia. Poland immediately put Cecilia down from his lap and moved her to the other side of the sofa. He got up from the sofa and went into a room.

the room fell silent, the German family stared at Lennon and Cecilia sharply and hatefully. while Lennon and Cecilia tried not to notice their gazes and acted innocent. After a pleasant sleep in silence Poland came with the chess board he sat back on the sofa and arranged the chess pieces.

GE : So, I will fight Lennon's brother.

Lennon stared at the Empire for a moment in surprise. but after he thought for a moment he started nodding his head in agreement. The Empire who saw this was satisfied and smiled warmly again. On the other hand, Lennon felt very uncomfortable with this situation but he had to do this for his father. He would also show his abilities directly in front of his father and see how these Germans made their strategy in fighting.

The game begins with Lennon holding the white piece while the Empire holds the black piece. Lennon started first he ran the pawn to e4 and the Empire also made the same move. Next Lennon moves the knight pawn to f3 then the Empire moves the pawn to f6. the knight eats the pawn, then the f6 pawn eats the knight. Lennon moves the queen to h5, Empire also moves the king to e7. the queen eats the pawn on e5, the king moves on f7. Lennon steps the bishop on c4 The Empire runs the pawn on d4, the bishop eats the d4 pawn and the Empire takes out the queen and eats it on d4 then the white pawn queen eats the black pawn queen on d4. The Empire runs the king on g6 Lennon chases it on f5 The Empire again takes the king away from the queen and goes to h6. Lennon takes out a pawn to the Empire takes out a pawn on g5. Lennon runs the pawn to h4 The empire advances the king to h5 while Lennon eats the pawn that was on g5.

everyone was surprised by the results of the game, the Empire smiled with satisfaction seeing the strategy that Lennon made. the short results of the game stated that Lennon was the winner, he managed to corner the king with a pawn. but the game is not over yet there are two rounds. Lennon won the first round but this time the Empire would be much more serious. they reassembled the chessboard and began the second round.

Lennon runs a pawn on e4 The Empire runs a pawn on e5. Lennon takes out a knight on f3 The Empire takes out a knight on c6. Lennon runs a knight on c3 while the Empire runs a pawn on g6. Lennon moves a pawn on d4, the Empire eats a pawn on d4. Lennon moves the knight on d5, the Empire moves the bishop on g7. Lennon moves the bishop on g5, the Empire moves the knight on e7. Lennon eats the pawn that is on d4 with the knight, the Empire moves the bishop on d4 eats the knight. Lennon moves the queen and then eats the bishop on d4, the Empire moves the knight and eats the queen on d4. Lennon moves the knight to f6, while the Empire moves the king to f8. Lennon took this opportunity and moved the bishop to h6, and the final result was checkmate.

The Empire clenched his fists and clenched his jaw in annoyance. but he tried to regain his composure. he glanced at Poland and asked for two more rounds. Poland was a little hesitant for a moment but Reich and the Soviets tried to persuade him, Poland glanced at Germany in confusion. German shook his head at him indicating for Poland to refuse. but suddenly when Poland felt hesitant Lennon answered that he wanted to compete again with the Empire. The Empire who heard this immediately smiled while Poland tried to interrupt but was stopped by Reich.

Now that Poland couldn't stop him, he reluctantly agreed. The Empire became very excited for their next match with Lennon. He began to become increasingly interested in Poland, especially seeing its children who tended to be unusual.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••