Prologe

The shadow sprinted quietly through the streets of the plate top. Everything was quiet that night, nothing moved. It was late, just after midnight to be exact. The sector appeared deserted. The usually busy streets were empty, not even monsters rummaging through the trash that people had left behind during the day.

A feeling of persecution made the shadow not stop. When he looked around he couldn't see anyone, but he knew someone was there, keeping an eye on him. Coming here was a stupid idea. That was clear to him from the beginning and it still was now. However, he had no other choice. He had to lure Shinra away from his friends and family, who had retreated to their headquarters down in the slums after a successful attack on a reactor. His job today was to cover up tracks, even if there was a Turk breathing down his neck.

With a daring jump, the shadow landed on a flat garage roof and took a few seconds to catch its breath. Just as he had collected himself and was about to continue running, he felt someone grab him by the hood and pull him off the roof. His back hit the smooth asphalt of the road hard. The air was forced from his lungs, pain spreading like fire to one back. As he tried to take a breath, he noticed the polished patent leather shoe on his chest, which was definitely weighing him down. 'A guy with a bald head, a suit and sunglasses, at night? What an idiot,' the masked man thought."It's the end here!" said the guy in a dark voice. At least he was a little out of breath. The shadow only grimaced in response.

He adjusted his mask, which had slipped from the tugging on the hood, and glared at the guy with brown eyes. He couldn't get up because the guy wouldn't take his damn foot away!

The bald man's hand felt for a cell phone in his pocket and took his eyes off the man lying on the ground. The shadow took advantage of this brief moment of inattention to pull out a supple short sword from behind his back and use the flat side of the blade to push the man's leg, which was resting on his chest, out from under him. Before the bald man could land on him, he rolled aside and jumped up. The Turk landed with a dull noise where the masked man had just been lying and groaned softly in pain. The glasses are probably broken and so is his nose. Beneath the mask, a grin appeared on the shadow's lips. Then he continued his escape.

By the time the Turk got back up, the shadow was fast and long gone, disappearing into the slums beneath the plate.

[I hope you all like my new fan fiction, I researched a lot and have an art book which helps me to describe the most important things in my new Fanfiction about Final Fantasy 7 remake]