Chapter 7

After spending much of her time idle in the slums, except for a few boring tasks that were completed after a few minutes, Luna was in a worse mood than usual the following week. She hadn't been busy in her free time and this manifested itself in mild outbursts of anger. This also applies during missions. None of her colleagues had ever met her so irritable and aggressive. Angeal tried to talk to her several times about her mood, but she kept brushing him off and finally got some peace from him by threatening that she would impale him if he didn't leave her alone. However, after that she seemed to be under increased scrutiny from the First. Angeal even jumped in during a practice match with a third party because he thought Luna would break the less experienced man's arm. She hadn't intended to do that, even though she had thought about it several times. After that, she had nothing but contempt for the older man and barely avoided a few psychological conversations with the worried first one. Did Angeal have nothing to do?

On the other hand, Luna's joy increased immeasurably at the end of the week. Biggs had managed to send her a message during a monster-killing mission that she understood to be "Evening, Headquarters." She would have to sneak away to attend this meeting, but that shouldn't stop her now. It wasn't forbidden to leave, but sometimes this decision should be carefully considered. Angeal was very sensitive right now anyway and Sephiroth sometimes looked at her strangely. However, she was able to overlook that. She had never liked the silver general anyway and she didn't know how Angeal and Genesis were able to spend so much time with him. His entire behavior seemed unsympathetic and snooty. He was ShinRa's starlet, a star soldier, but Luna couldn't and didn't want to see him as such. Anyone could wage war.

When she stepped out of her room early Thursday evening and made her way to the exit, no one seemed to notice her departure. However, someone must have ratted them out anyway. It was too early to spend time with the family, so she was hardly surprised when Angeal suddenly stood in her way.

A closet with crossed arms and a stern look. "Where are you going?" he asked in a tone that brooked no lies. Well, that shouldn't stop her.

So she folded her arms in turn and looked up at him. "To the slums, I have something to sort out," she let her voice sound annoyed, after all she didn't have that much time. If the train left before she reached the station, she had to wait a small eternity for the next one came.

Unfortunately, Angeal didn't let her off the leash yet. "With your family?"

Luna sighed in response, "Yes."

"And that can't wait until tomorrow?" the black-haired man continued to probe. Luna's thoughts raced through her brain, searching for a good answer, but maintaining her annoyed facade.

Then she came up with the saving idea. "No, it hasn't. I argued with someone last time and he's leaving today. I don't want to let this thing stand between us, so I have to go back now before it's too late."

Angeal looked at her closely, scanning her, which made her a little nervous. "Then you won't mind leaving your sword here, will you?" he then asked.

Without resistance, Luna felt for the handle of her one-handed sword, which she had left in her hiding place, and slowly pulled it out of the holster on her hip. "I'm not going down there to fight. Until I get back, I would be very grateful if you would keep it. I hope I don't meet any monsters in the meantime." She held it out to Angeal by the handle.

The older man accepted it hesitantly. "You just proved something important to me..." he murmured thoughtfully, then turning to her he said: "Good luck with your family Luna."

He stepped aside, but Luna didn't move. "What's this, Angeal?" As if he hadn't heard her, he weighed her sword in his hand and looked at the ornate scrolls on the blade.

"You weren't in a good mood, you were almost aggressive when you returned. I just wanted to make sure you didn't do anything stupid."

Luna rolled her eyes. "Have I ever been in a good mood?" came out of her mouth faster than she could stop it. She mentally slapped herself for it. She should have ended the conversation quickly and disappeared.

Angeal sighed and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. "No"

"You see, nothing new!" Luna threw her arms up in the air theatrically.

"Sure you don't have anything you want to talk about?" Angeal repeated a question he had asked her many times.

"Yes, damn it. "I'm sure, very sure," Luna growled. She decided for herself that it was time to end the conversation and simply left Angeal there.

Luna made her way to the train station faster than usual and pondered silently about Angel. He wasn't crazy. Absolutely not. He was smart enough to notice that she was hiding something. However, he didn't know what exactly. It was probably only a matter of time before he revealed her secret. That was a fact she couldn't change in any way. He knew too much about body language and understood the people around him without saying a word. How could she hide hers from him?