Chapter 1

The sound of swords clashing came from the training room. The Third had resumed their training after the Avalanche incident in Sector 6. Six third parties had failed to put down the uprising of environmentalist terrorists, only three of whom were present. Instead, they had had to wait for Genesis, a first-rank soldier, who had ended up arriving late because Luna had drawn him into a conversation about Loveless from which there was rarely a quick escape. The latter wasn't even her fault. Luna would have actually wanted to attend the fighting, but she had to stop Genesis so that Avalanche could escape in time.

The fighter and soldier, second rank, leaned against the wall in the hallway, from where she had a good view, and was lost in her thoughts. She was able to take the time to explore the Third Party's fighting styles and strengths. A boring job but someone had to do it after all.

Luna and Avalanche shared a deep dislike of Shinra, and she would rather be in the slums of Sector 7, fooling around with Marlene and Tifa. Unfortunately, she was the victim of her own plan. He saw her as a spy at Shinra. That's why she's been stuck in the uniform of an elite warrior for a year now and has had a Mako treatment, which means her eyes are no longer just brown but brown with a touch of gold, which is unusual but apparently no one cares as long as you do then underwent Mako treatment. It was a rare coloring, but even after all this time she still couldn't quite get used to its appearance. At least the training brought something good. She became stronger.

Their mission was to find a way to disable the Makoreactors and perhaps even overthrow Shinra. Apart from some information about weapons, structure and coordination within SOLDAT, she hadn't been able to find out much yet. At least they had significantly improved their fighting skills through training with the other soldiers and could now easily keep up with Cloud, the all-rounder.

Cloud, the blonde ex-soldier who had rather unwillingly joined Avalanche some time ago, would have preferred to come to Shinra instead of her. However, there were two problems that spoke against his use. Firstly, he already had the blue eyes that resulted from the Mako treatment and would have given him away immediately and secondly, he had a babbling friend in the first rank who couldn't know that he was still alive and had joined the enemy. Cloud didn't talk about the past and especially not about his acquaintances at Shinra. He treasured what had happened before he came to Midgar. Luna understood that there was no point in pressing him for an answer. So she kept quiet about it.

After a few questions with Shinra, she had already found out who Cloud knew at Soldier anyway. Zack Fair, a good-looking, tall, carefree guy who really got on Luna's nerves with his outspoken nature. She had already met Zack several times. Out of caution, she approached him with cool composure right from the start. After all, you never know how you could give yourself away, that's what Cloud had taught her a year ago. Unfortunately, her behavior had caused him to become curious about her and now he hung in her hair like a tick and just didn't want to let go. Zack was a stressful person, especially when you didn't want anything to do with him. That and the fact that she really hated Shinra and everything that came with it didn't make dealing with these people any easier. But she had to live with that for a while. At least she remained attentive and careful.

The blue-haired woman was suddenly brought out of her thoughts when someone tapped her on the shoulder and ended her mental monologue. Caught, she jumped and looked up. She hadn't even noticed her head bowed to the ground. She looked at Angeal Hewley's face with wide eyes. He was Zack's former mentor and her current boss. He made it difficult for her to feel hate towards him. He was just too nice to her and she liked his eternal patience, which he must have learned from Zack, much better than the arrogance of the other first rank soldiers. Except for Zack, of course.

The first one seemed amused: "No missions today, Miss Havillande?" he asked.

Luna quickly straightened and checked her phone. ,,No, not so far. Maybe it's still too early." She wasn't entirely wrong. It was just 8 a.m., but still quite late for her. Normally she got up at 4 a.m. to hunt monsters and to have some peace and quiet from Zack. He was lying in wait for her before breakfast to annoy her.

"Good, then you can accompany me," said Angeal and walked towards the elevators. Luna followed him in surprise. Any other soldier of the second rank would probably have burst with pride. For her, however, it was rather annoying. Angeal didn't just have Not only did she have a good eye for other people's reactions, but she also had a good understanding of people, which posed a significant risk to her as an Avalanchemist. He would notice everything her movements revealed. She liked Angeal, but his presence could also mean trouble for her .

"Where should I accompany you?" Luna asked as they stood in the elevator on the way to the ground floor.