Chapter 6

Tifa and Luna talked for a long time. Over time, the blue-haired woman had put her mask back on and not a second too soon. Shortly afterwards the door to the bar opened and some familiar faces entered the room. A quiet curse escaped Luna's lips as she saw black hair flash in the corner of her eye. A quick glance over her shoulder confirmed what she already knew. Angeal, Zack, Genesis and Sephiroth had sat down at a table a little away from the counter and were talking. Tifa gave Luna an apologetic look before heading over to her guests.

She sat there for a while, even though the soldiers behind her made her nervous. She didn't know if she was imagining it, but some of the looks kept burning into her back for minutes. She could now only exchange the most necessary words with Tifa, which really bothered her. The soldiers interfered too much in her private life for her liking. Even if they weren't aware of it.

As Luna got up from her seat, some Gil strummed on the wood of the counter. Tifa acknowledged the payment with a nod, then Luna turned around and quickly left the bar, carefully avoiding looking at the soldiers. On her way out, Luna heard Zack asking Tifa a question. Maybe because of Luna, the shadow? Zack's curiosity was getting on her nerves. Besides, this was about her cover and now she really couldn't be exposed.

"Hey!" Luna froze at the voice. Zack was standing behind her on the terrace, she was just on the stairs.

"What do you want from me?" she asked without turning around.

Then the dark-haired soldier appeared next to her and pushed into her escape route. "Thief?" he asked with a slight grin on his lips. Did he want to flirt?

"No," she pulled her hood further over her face.

Zack leaned forward curiously. ,,Rather?"

Luna took a step back. "Mercenary" The situation became uncomfortable for her. What did Zack want from her?

Luckily for her, Tifa called out to her the next moment. "Wait for Shadow!" she came running outside.

Luna turned to her. "What else is Miss?" she wanted to know.

The black-haired woman put a key in her hand. "I said earlier that if you take care of the monsters, you can move into the vacant apartment. We can always use people like you."

,,No problem. I was happy to render them harmless. "Thank you for the apartment," Luna replied in a very friendly manner and slipped the key into her pocket.

Zack had listened to the conversation in silence. "You had a monster problem?" he now asked Tifa. Luna was of little interest in the rest of the conversation, so she took the opportunity to disappear. She retreated into the narrow streets and kept an eye on the bar from there. She didn't feel good about leaving Tifa alone with four soldiers. Of course, secretly she knew that her worries were unfounded, but her attitude forbade her from leaving her friend alone.

The soldiers left the bar as time continued to progress. It was now dark and Luna took the opportunity to make sure that Angeal and Co. actually left the slums. Genesis almost caught her a few times, but her reflexes were better than his and she ducked back into the shadows in time every time. He still looked skeptical. 'Well, just because you're good with materia doesn't mean your senses are as good, right,' Luna thought amused.

With the certainty that her colleagues were on their way up to the plate, Luna crept through the narrow streets back to her hiding place. With a sigh of relief, she collapsed into the grass that grew around the small stream. "Finally home," she whispered quietly to herself. No more missions, no nosy superiors and no more annoying puppies. Life could be so beautiful. Then she remembered that she had to go back in a few days and her good mood suddenly disappeared. This damn plan!

Luna pulled a chain with a white lily-like pendant on her dress from her bag, which had a small crystal in the middle. Very small on one petal of the lily, a delicate A is engraved and on the other side LH, Avalanche and Luna Havillande. She really should wear it, after all, the others had given it to her to show their commitment to each other. Luna tended to forget this fact and it had led to very unpleasant situations on several occasions. Luna shook her head at the thought to drive it away. She immediately put the necklace back in her pocket on her dress. It was too risky to wear this necklace at the moment, but one day, when this plan is over, she will always wear the necklace and never take it off again.

 It was too risky to wear this necklace at the moment, but one day, when this plan is over, she will always wear the necklace and never take it off again