CHAPTER 16

 a gentle breeze wafted through the garden, rustling the leaves of the trees and brushing against your hair, carrying with it the sweet scent of flowers that seemed to fill the air with every breath you took.

 You found yourself seated under the shade of a sprawling tree, its branches reaching out like protective arms. 

In your hands was an old book, its pages yellowed with age, which you had stumbled upon in your grandpa's room. Mythological tales had always piqued your interest, and this book seemed to hold a treasure trove of such stories.

As you immersed yourself in the pages, lost in the world of gods and heroes, a voice broke through the tranquility of the garden.

"What are you reading?" Xian asked, his curious gaze meeting yours as he sat down beside you. You turned to face him, a smile tugging at the corners of your lips. "Just an old book I found," you replied, gesturing to the worn cover.

Xian's eyes sparkled with excitement as he suddenly sprang to his feet, extending a hand towards you. "Let's play!" he exclaimed, his enthusiasm infectious. Without hesitation, you reached out and took his hand, feeling the warmth of his touch.

 Together, you ran towards the open field beyond the garden, a carpet of wildflowers stretching as far as the eye could see.

As you frolicked in the meadow, laughter bubbling from your lips, the worries of the world seemed to melt away. The vibrant colors of the flowers danced around you, painting a picture of pure joy and freedom. 

For a moment, it felt as though time had stood still, and all that mattered was the simple pleasure of being alive.

But then, like a gentle awakening from a dream, reality came crashing back as you opened your eyes. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, you found yourself in your room, the morning light filtering through the curtains.

 Confusion clouded your mind as you glanced around, trying to make sense of the sudden shift from the dream world to reality.

And then, as if emerging from the depths of your subconscious, you felt a presence beside you. Turning slowly, your heart skipped a beat as you saw Mikey lying there, his eyes fixed on yours with a mixture of concern and affection

 "Mikey?" you exclaimed, surprise evident in your voice as you took in his unexpected presence.

He offered you a gentle smile, his expression warm and reassuring. "bad dream?" he said softly, reaching out to brush away a stray tear that had escaped down your cheek.

A wave of gratitude washed over you as you realized the depth of his kindness.your voice barely above a whisper. "Thank you for being here" you replied. And as you lay there together, the weight of the dream still lingering in your mind, you found solace in the simple comfort of his presence.

"Wake up, Mikey, it's 10:45 now," you gently nudged Mikey, hoping to rouse him from his slumber. He stirred slightly, emitting a low, sleepy groan, but his arms tightened around you, refusing to let go.

"Just 5 more minutes," Mikey mumbled, his voice barely audible 

"You've been saying that for the past 25 minutes!" you chuckled, your amusement evident as you attempted to wriggle free from his grasp. But Mikey seemed determined to cling onto those last precious moments of sleep.

Suddenly, a boisterous voice shattered the tranquility of the room. "BOSSSS!!!!! WHERE ARE YOUU!!!"

Both you and Mikey exchanged knowing glances, recognizing the unmistakable voice of Sanzu. "Sanzu would probably be running all over the place," you remarked with a smirk, anticipating the chaos that would soon ensue.

As you turned back to Mikey, you noticed a shift in his expression. His eyes met yours, reflecting a mixture of uncertainty and hesitation as he stared at you. Before you could inquire further, he buried his face deeper into your neck, clutching onto you even tighter.

"Ehh?" you muttered in confusion, puzzled by his sudden change in demeanor.

Just then, the door burst open, revealing Kakucho and Koko standing in the doorway. "Guys, help!" you called out, desperately trying to extricate yourself from Mikey's grasp.

Kakucho and Koko exchanged amused glances, clearly entertained by the scene unfolding before them. "Looks like you're on your own," Koko teased, a mischievous grin playing on his lips.

Before you could voice your protest, Sanzu barged into the room with his usual exuberance. "MIKEYYY!!!!" he exclaimed, leaping onto the bed and enveloping Mikey in a tight embrace.

"Get off, Sanzu!" Mikey protested, his voice laced with a hint of amusement as he struggled to break free from Sanzu's enthusiastic hug. But Sanzu clung onto him like a koala, oblivious to Mikey's attempts to disentangle himself.

With a mixture of relief and amusement, you finally managed to free yourself from Mikey's grip, escaping the chaos that ensued. "Phew, that was close," you breathed out, feeling a sense of relief wash over you.

Mikey grinned sheepishly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Sorry about that," he apologized, finally fully awake. "I guess I got a little too comfortable."

You chuckled softly, shaking your head in amusement. "No worries, Mikey. Just try not to turn me into a human teddy bear next time," you teased, earning a playful shove from Mikey in response.