CHAPTER 30

As the private jet soared through the night sky, the tension inside the cabin remained palpable. .

Mikey's voice cut through the silence "Iris," he began, his gaze piercing as he locked eyes with her. "We know you were after Kaito's son. But who do you work for?"

Iris leaned back in her seat, a playful smirk dancing on her lips as she met Mikey's gaze. "Oh, come on now, handsome," she replied, her tone laced with teasing amusement. "A girl's gotta have her secrets, don't you think?"

A ripple of tension spread through the cabin at Iris's coy response. Sanzu arched an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. "She's got guts, I'll give her that," he remarked.

"And what was your mission?" Mikey pressed, his tone firm but measured.

Iris hesitated for a moment. She glanced around the cabin, meeting the expectant gazes of others. With a resigned sigh, she decided to play her hand.

"I was tasked with capturing Kaito's son," she admitted. "But things didn't exactly go according to plan, as you can see."

A moment of tense silence followed Iris's admission, the air thick with unspoken words. But before anyone could speak, Iris leaned forward, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"But hey, Mikey," she began, her tone casual yet provocative. "I'm all for a new gig, but can you make it worth my while? I mean, can you pay me more than the Camorra?"

A collective gasp echoed through the cabin at Iris's bold declaration. Rindou's eyes widened in surprise, a smirk spreading across his face. "Well, looks like we've got ourselves a high roller," he commented, his tone tinged with amusement.

Mikey's expression remained composed, though a flicker of surprise danced in his eyes. The idea of someone asking for more than what the Camorra could offer was both audacious and intriguing.

But it was Kakucho who spoke up first, his voice laced with incredulity. "You work for the Camorra?!" he exclaimed, his eyes widening in shock.

Iris's smirk widened at the reaction, a sense of satisfaction tingling through her veins. She had certainly managed to make an impression, and she intended to leverage that to her advantage.

"Well then,Boss" she said with a playful wink. "Count me in."

As the tension in the cabin dissipated, replaced by an air of cautious optimism, Mikey extended a hand towards Iris, a silent gesture of welcome.

"Welcome to Bonten, Iris," he said.

Iris clasped Mikey's hand with a smirk, a surge of excitement coursing through her veins. With her future now hanging in the balance, she knew that her journey was far from over.

"So, darling," Iris began, her voice smooth and playful. "What's a charming troublemaker like yourself doing in a place like this?"

Her teasing tone caught you off guard, and you couldn't help but feel a grin tugging at the corners of your lips. "Oh, you know," you replied with a wink, playing along. "Just adding a little spice to the mix."

Iris's lips curled into a mischievous smile, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Well, you certainly seem to have a knack for stirring things up," she remarked, leaning in closer. "But I have a feeling there's more to your story than meets the eye."

Your heart skipped a beat as Iris's gaze lingered on you, her playful banter sending a thrill through your veins.

 Sensing your playful exchange, you leaned in closer, matching her energy with a playful glint in your eyes.

"Ah, but a good rogue never reveals all their secrets," you countered, your tone laced with playful intrigue. "And where's the fun in knowing everything upfront?"

As the banter between you and Iris continued, the other members of Bonten grew increasingly uneasy.

 Sanzu's expression darkened as he watched the interaction, a scowl forming on his face. Rindou's eyes narrowed with a hint of jealousy, his jaw clenched tightly.

 Kakucho observed the exchange with a stern expression, his gaze flickering between you and Iris.

Suddenly, from the back of the cabin, Mikey's voice cut through the playful atmosphere. "Hey, that's enough of that!" he exclaimed, his tone petulant as he rose from his seat and made his way toward you and Iris.

You turned to see Mikey approaching, a bemused smile playing on your lips. As he reached you, he grabbed your hand with mock possessiveness and pulled you away from Iris, his expression a mix of jealousy and annoyance.

"Sorry, Iris," you pouted, shooting a playful glare at Mikey. "We have more important things to worry about than flirting," he said as he dragged you away.

You raised an eyebrow, amused by Mikey's sudden interruption. "Oh? And what might those more important things be, Mikey?" you asked, a hint of sarcasm in your tone.

Mikey's expression turned serious as he looked at you.

 "I can't find my dorayaki," he replied with genuine concern, his tone betraying the seriousness of the situation.

Your eyes widened in surprise at Mikey's unexpected response. "Your dorayaki?" you echoed, struggling to hide your amusement. "I could have sworn I bought a whole box before we took off."

Mikey's expression softened slightly as he glanced around the cabin, his eyes searching for any sign of his favorite snack. 

"Well, it seems to have disappeared," he muttered, a hint of disappointment in his voice.