CHAPTER 25

As the panel swung open with a soft creak, Kakucho took the lead, his eyes focused and determined. "Stay close," he murmured to the guys behind him, his voice a low rumble in the confined space.

As the passageway twisted and turned, Sanzu's voice echoed through the darkness. "Anyone else getting major deja vu from this?"

Koko chuckled softly. "Reminds me of that time we infiltrated the governor's mansion."

Rindou smirked. "Except this time, we're not here for a fancy dinner party."

You couldn't help but smile at the banter, "Focus, everyone," you reminded them, your voice laced with camaraderie.

As you ventured deeper into the heart of Kaito's stronghold, the air was thick with anticipation. Each step forward felt like a step into the unknown, the shadows around you seemingly alive with secrets and danger.

"Right or left?" Kakucho asked, glancing back at the crew trailing behind him.

Before anyone could reply, your snake emerged once again, its instinctual sense guiding it forward. With a flick of its tongue, it pointed its head decisively to the left, as if urging you all to follow.

Kakucho nodded, a faint smile playing on his lips. "Left it is, then. Let's keep moving."

But as you proceeded down the narrow passageway, the atmosphere grew increasingly tense. Every shadow seemed to hold hidden threats, and every sound sent a jolt of adrenaline coursing through your veins.

Sanzu's voice echoed through the narrow passageway, laced with a hint of frustration, "Can someone remind me why we're crawling through this damn maze?"

You chuckled, your tone light despite the discomfort. "It's either this or dancing with Kaito's security guards, and I'm not exactly in the mood for a tango."

Rindou chimed in, "Look at it this way, Sanzu. At least we're getting in touch with our inner stealth ninjas."

Koko, his voice heavy with sarcasm, added, "Yeah, because nothing screams 'invisible' like a bunch of grown-ass men crawling through a goddamn tunnel."

You couldn't suppress a laugh at the absurdity of the situation, "Well, if anyone asks, we're just participating in a f*cking underground team-building exercise."

Sanzu let out an exaggerated groan, "Fantastic, just what I always f*cking wanted. A chance to bond with my knees."