CHAPTER 24

As you adjusted your jacket and dusted off your pants, your eyes scanned the dimly lit corridor ahead. With your crew trailing behind, you led the way, the murmur of conversation echoing softly off the walls.

The damn building was like a maze, and at the crossroads, you couldn't help but scoff at Mochi's shrug. "Seriously?" you muttered, exchanging an incredulous glance with the crew.

 the guy with the map seemed clueless.

"I thought finding the genie's lamp in the Cave of Wonders would be like finding a snowball in hell, but this building's layout is straight-up trolling us!" Your comment broke the tension, earning a round of chuckles from the crew.

Then, like clockwork, your snake emerged, pointing its head towards the right path. "Alright, that's our cue," you declared, motioning for everyone to follow suit.

but he meant something else...

 just as you prepared to move, a sudden silence fell over the group, broken only by the distant sound of approaching footsteps. "Shit, someone's coming," you whispered urgently, eyes narrowing as you assessed the situation.

Sanzu and Rindou instinctively reached for their guns, but you quickly intervened. "Hold up, not yet. Let's see where they're headed first," you instructed, your tone firm but controlled. Reluctantly, they nodded. As you scanned the surroundings for cover, your gaze landed on a nearby alcove. "Over there," you whispered, gesturing for the crew to follow as you slipped into the shadows.

"The hell are we hiding for?" Sanzu grumbled under his breath, his frustration evident as he glanced around the cramped space.

"We gotta be smart about this," you replied, shooting him a pointed look. "Patience is key."

Rindou rolled his eyes, but he didn't argue, instead focusing on keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings.

The cool stone pressed against your back as you settled into position, exchanging a meaningful look with Mikey. His expression mirrored your own, a mixture of resolve and anticipation. In the tense silence, you strained your ears to catch the approaching footsteps. With every passing second, the anticipation grew, the air thick with the promise of imminent action.

As you and your crew huddled in the alcove, the tension hung thick in the air, making every breath feel like a game of chicken. Footsteps drew closer, and you all held your breath, muscles tensed for action.

The figures emerged into view, a bunch of serious-looking bodyguards dressed in dark suits. They marched past without even a glance in your direction, their conversation low and focused.