Chapter 1

Note that it has been a while (maybe a year or 2, I don't know) since priest Ruv moved in.

*criminal Sarvente's POV (in the living quarters of what is now the church)*

     It's close to dinner time, and there's not that much to eat. I need to go to the store.

     "Hey Ruv, I need to go to the store. Wanna come with me?"

     He's watching Russian sermons on the TV again. He must not have heard me.

     I walk to the living room and ask again. "Ruv, I gotta go to the store. Wanna come?"

     "Sure.", he responds.

     That's kinda strange. He's never been that willing to drop watching Russian sermons to do something else.

     The store isn't that far away, so we walk, chatting.

     "I don't get what you like so much about those sermons." I say to Ruv.

     "They're quite interesting, hearing the foolish things these mortals believe about the Lord.", he says. "We should watch them together once we get back to the church. I'll translate for you."

     "Fine with me! We can get some Neapolitan ice cream at the store that we can share while we watch 'em.", I say.

     Once we arrive at the store and get what we need, I gotta use the bathroom while Ruv packs up the groceries. Once I get back, we head back to the church.

     Around halfway back from the store, I realize that I forgot to buy the ice cream.

     "Shit, I forgot to buy the ice cream!", I say.

     "Do not worry, I got some while you were in the bathroom.", says Ruv.

     "Thank you.", I say, and give Ruv a hug. He tries to smile, which I appreciate a lot.

     I don't know what I would do without him.