Chapter 7

*priest Ruv's POV*

     It's morning... I must have fallen asleep in Sarvente's room last night.

     "Oh, good morning Ruv!", she says as she wakes up, noticing that I'm still here.

     "Sorry, I must have fallen asleep last night.", I say to Sarvente.

     She blushes. "Oh, it's fine.", she says. Fuck...

     I return to my room to change out of my night clothes.

     After we eat breakfast, Sarvente joins me during mass once again. After mass, we head back to the living quarters.

     "I was wondering, would you like to go to the mall with me?", I say to her as we walk back. I hate going to the mall, but she loves it. "You've been talking about getting a new jacket for a while now."

     "Fine with me!", Sarvente says with a smile. "But I thought you don't like shopping?"

     "It's worth seeing you happy.", I respond.

     "Awww!", she says, giving me a hug. Shit, I'm blushing.

     We chat while walking to the mall.

     "Let's go into this store; the clothes here are so cool!", Sarvente says to me.

     We head in, and she spends an hour or so looking at all the clothes Eventually, she finds some she likes and goes to the changing room.

     She comes out wearing this beautiful (but short) pink dress. She looks... beautiful.

     "What do you think?", she says, and does a twirl.

     Oh fuck, I'm staring...

    "You look... amazing.", I say. She looks so beautiful, I can't even find the right words to describe how she looks. I quickly look away, as I should not be looking at staring while she wears such pretty, yet unholy, clothes.

     "Awww! Thank you, Ruv!", Sarvente says.

     As we leave, Sarv stops at an advertisement.

     "Ya know, Ruv, you're doing all these kind things for me that you normally don't enjoy doing, and I feel like I haven't done that much...", she says.

     "You welcomed me into what is now the church when I had nowhere else to go.", I say. "That alone was very kind of you. Not to mention you made our vow to stick by each other's side until the end of existence. That was the bravest and kindest thing you could ever do.

     Sarvente blushes. "I still think we should do more things that you want to do.", she says. "You deserve it." I try to smile.

     "I saw an art museum opened up around here. I know you've been alive since the beginning of time, but I know you like that typa stuff."

     "Sure.", I say.

     "We should try painting one of these days. I bet you'd be a great painter!", she says.

     No wonder why I love her...