Chapter 8

*criminal Sarvente's POV*

     The next day, I prepare some spice cake so we can go on a picnic after the museum. Ruv doesn't trust the street vendors, because he thinks they might try to poison us. I hope no one accidentally mistakes one of the cakes for an average cake...

     Ruv helps me, because it is the kind thing to do.

     "So, are you excited? I can never tell.", I say with a laugh.

     "Very.", Ruv says with an attempted smile.

     "I hope there's not too many people... It would be a shame if I were recognized."

     "Of course.", he responds. "We both have a big enough kill count."

     On the way there, I feel like someone is watching us. I don't tell Ruv, because he will get very cautious, and instead I make sure to keep an eye out.

     (If you don't understand, the paragraph above references how [younger brother] Selever and [older sister] Rasazy watch them through a portal window while they are in the Nothing World.)

     Eventually, we get there, and walk around, looking at all of the paintings.

     "What do you think about these two paintings?", I ask Ruv.

     Ruv thinks for a second. "The painting on the left has too much going on. The dull colors make the whole piece blend together, and it all together ruins the whole thing. The one on the right has minimal details, but the use of abstract colors makes everything stand out more, thus making it a better painting than the one on the left, despite having less detail."

     "Damn! I wouldn't be able to think of a response that much in detail if you gave me a whole year!"

     Ruv and I have a great time at the museum, set up in the nearby park for a picnic, and then walk back home while talking.

     "It's pretty out here...", I say.

     "I agree! We should do this more often."

     I give him a hug, and he gives me a kiss on the head. I blush.

     "Uh, sorry, that was weird...", Ruv says.

     "Oh- it's fine-"

     "..."

     "Thank you for a great day.", Ruv says, attempting a smile.

     "That's what friends do for each other.", I respond. Friends. The word tastes bitter in my mouth. Hopefully, in the future, we can use a different word.