Chapter 4

*priest Ruv's POV*

     I wake up to Sarvente sleeping on my shoulder. It is morning, and we are still on the couch. Why would she stay when she could go into her own room?

     Before I can answer that question, Sarvente wakes up. She blushes once she realizes she is still on the couch with me. She probably fell asleep at some point as well. Or maybe because it was just the nice thing to do? I don't know.

     She sits up quickly. "Uh- good morning!", Sarvente says in an awkward tone.

     "Good morning.", I say back.

     We sit in awkward silence for a minute. I wonder what is going through her mind...

     "Well, uh, I'm gonna go get dressed!", she says in an awkward tone once again.

     "Me too.", I say quickly.

     We silently walk to our rooms. I must have missed something after I fell asleep...

     Once I finish getting dressed, I go to the kitchen to prepare some leftovers for breakfast. Once I finish that, Sarvente comes out of her room. She looks pale, which I must not have noticed earlier.

     "Are you ok, Sarvente?", I ask her. "You seem pale...".

     "*sneeze* Yeah, I'm *sneeze* ok.", she says.

     I hand her a tissue, which she uses a few times to blow her nose before going to get another.

     I hope the burger place we went to didn't try to poison her... If they did, I may stop by to give them a piece of my mind. But I am not sick as well, and if my immortality would cure the poison, I would know.

     After we finish eating (and after a lot of sneezing and nose-blowing), I help Sarvente with her hair, and she helps me with mine and my eye ribbon.

     Sarvente looks at the time.

     "Wait, you need to get to mass! Go- I can take care of *cough* myself!", she exclaims (with a hoarse throat).

     "You're too sick, Sarv. You come before mass.", I say.

     "But-"

     "I'm serious.", I say.

     "Well, at least I get to spend *cough* more time with you.", she says in a weak but cheery voice.

     I help her get up and walk her back to her bedroom. While she lays in bed, I go get some tissues and a trash can. I also get her some water to help with her throat.

     "You know, just because you can't serve mass today doesn't mean we can't pray.", Sarv says. I smile.

     We spend the next two hours praying. After that, she takes a nap. I get up and exit the room.

     Perhaps I should make her some soup? When I am ill, Sarvente makes me soup. Yeah, I should make her some soup.

     I don't cook that often, so I need to find a recipe from Sarvente's collection. Once I find one I think she might like, I get to work.

     Despite messing up a couple of times (and almost having to remake the whole thing again), it seems I have successfully made soup.

     I put some in a bowl for her, and bring it to her room. Sarvente is already awake.

     "I made you some soup.", I say to her, and hand her the bowl and a spoon.

     "Aww, thanks Ruv!", she says.

     As she eats her soup, I decide to get some board games that we can play to make her feel better. After all, she will get bored with nothing to do.

     I stay by her bedside all day, but it felt like it was only an hour.

     By dinner time, I am still at Sarvente's side. She is feeling better, but not completely. So, in the case she might need something, I get a blanket and pillow and set up on the floor.

     "Ruv, ya know you don't need to stay here all night if you don't want to.", Sarvente tells me.

     "You vowed to stay by my side until the end of time.", I tell her. "The least I can do is stay by yours."

     She gives me a big hug, which I accept. She starts to tear up.

     "Thank you.", she chokes out through the tears. I smile.

     After that, I don't even bother to go to my room and change into my night clothes, and I lay back on the floor, next to her bed.

     I stare at the ceiling, and attempt to sort out the thousands of thoughts in my brain.

     What are Sarvente and I to each other? We are closer than best friends, having known each other for years, but we aren't lovers either.

     Love. What does it mean to love someone?

     - You care for them.

     - You are always there for them.

     - They make your day.

     - You would do practically anything so they can be happy.

     - You enjoy being around them and spending time with them.

     - You would drop doing almost anything to spend time with them.

     - You protect them, at all costs.

     - You would never hurt them.

     - You share with them.

     - You always tell them the truth.

     - You listen to them, and don't ignore them.

     - You cheer them up when they need it.

     - You support them.

     - You would die for them.

     - They are your everything.

     - You can see a future with them.

     - You love them for who they are, and not only their looks, or how rich they are.

     - You cannot imagine life without them being a part of it.

     Fuck. I believe I may be in love with Sarvente.