~ 13 ~

Once I get into my room I face plant on my pillow, and think, no longer as tired after the hashing out of our feeling from earlier, or really us just picking on Damian after his disappearance. After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling I get interrupted by a knock at the door. 

~

So, being bored, I get up and open the door to see Damian, immediately I side step to let him in, he walks in rather quietly, which is surprising. After I close the door Damian and I sit on the bed of what's going to be my  room for the next few days. 

I look at him, and he just stares at his hands, which is quite odd. So like the amazing friend I am, I decide to tease him. 

"What's wrong Habibi(my love in arabic)?" I say in a caring voice as I take his hands in mine gently. Damian stared at me frozen for a second, then like a bullet he yanked his hands from mine, launching me forward as a result. I land in his lap and begin laughing so hard as I stare at Damian's bright red face. I hear the common ding of a love point, and like always now I choose to ignore it in favor of poking fun at the flustered Damian as I lay across his lap. 

Eventually Damian slapped my hand away from poking his cheek, and glared at me, but I laughed harder because he's red to his ears. 

My POV : 

Chloe poked Damian's nose while laying across his lap, and giggling with her eyes closed. Damian sighed, and looked down at Chloe as she just laid in his lap, his eyes softening slightly while staring at her. 

As Damian stared at her he kept seeing flashes of his life before the Bat family. . . his family. . . yeah, his family, and yet Damian thinks about how although they are similar in many ways to S class, things changed in S class. 

There are two new people there, he didn't see Lila, there styles have all definitely changed, and yet. . . he felt like he could breathe easier with them here. None of S class have high expectations of him like with his family. 

Sure seeing them again was a little hectic with them being mad at him for his sudden and involuntary departure, but it felt nice. Damian whispered in arabic, "I missed you so much Chloe."

Chloe smiled at Damian when she heard him say that and whispered back t o him in Arabic, much to Damian's surprise, "I missed to too, Emerald." Damian felt a wave of emotions hit him at the old nickname Chloe, Lila, and Kagami gave him when they were little. 

~Flashback~

Kagami and Damian were sword fighting with short sword since they are young children, and can't hold a full sword yet. Their little sword clashing while Chloe and Lila watched from the side lines. 

Lila was staring at the swords with visible confusion about how sparks were coming off the blades, while also holding a cookie that she was munching before Kagami and he started fighting, 

Chloe was also watching the fight while holding a small emerald pendant that she got for a white day present from her dad. Chloe got a little bored with the sword fight of Kagami and Damian and looked down at the pendant, when a thought hit her. 

Chloe tapped on Lila's shoulder, quickly catching Lila's attention, Lila scooted closed to Chloe while they watched the fight. Once Lila was close enough Chloe held up the emerald pendant, and held it as close to being in both their sight while also looking at the two fighting. After that was done Chloe whispered, "it's like Damian's eyes." 

Lila looked from the pendant to Damian's eyes, which were glaring at Kagami, then she repeated that motion for a while then basically screamed while pointing at Damian, "Emerald!"