Protector

Robin:
It was a day like any other. I was walking to the store to buy cigarettes for my mom, when a black van pulled up in front of me. Next thing I knew, I was locked up in Albert Shaw's basement.

Luckily, I survived. My best friend (or whatever we really were), Finney Blake, found me. He claims it was all because of his sister and her crazy physic dreams.

Ever since I was found, it's like I always have a guardian angel hovering over my shoulder. It's like no matter what, I know I'll always be safe.

"Finn, you can let go now," I groan, feeling Finney's arms still around me. "No thanks," he responds, tightening his grip.

I sigh, and lean into him. I don't have much of an option, now do I? Who could resist a face as cute as his? I sure can't.

"I still have to go to the store," I say. "But can't you wait?" Finney groans.

"I'd rather go now, but I guess you can come with."

"Fine."

He reluctantly lets me go and slides his shoes on. I put my sneakers on, and tie my shoelaces. He pulls me up, tightly gripping my hand.

We leave out the door, and head towards our destination. It's quiet and peaceful, allowing me to drift into thought.

Ever since my capture, Finn has been anxious about everything. Me being alone, vans, and even older people in general. It's cute, but can be seriously annoying.

Many people pass by us, causing him to grip my hand tighter. It's almost like he's afraid I'm gonna disappear any second.

We finally arrive at the store, a small building only a mile away from where I live. I slowly trace circles on the back of his hand, trying to discreetly calm him.

We walk in, and start looking around for what we need. With every person that passes, he grows more, and more cautious. His hand grips mine tighter, and he glares at the unknown stranger.

We walk around, scanning items. We may have left with a little (lot) more than we needed. The way back was the same as the way there. I could feel Finn glaring at people, giving them nasty looks, and squeezing my hand.

When we finally got back to my house, I put the groceries down, and turn towards Finney. "Finn, can we talk?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah? I love you too... where are you going with this?"

"You've been acting... really protective. Like you're scared I'm gonna disappear any second. Why?"

"...," he stays silent.

"I can't stand the thought of you leaving again."

I look at him, and cock my head slightly.

"It was hell while you were... gone. Moose got worse, my dad got worse, and I was constantly worried about you." He pauses, "and I'm scared you'll leave, or get taken again."

I place my hand on his cheek softly. "I won't."

"..."

I place a small peck on his forehead, and pat his cheek lightly.

Im sorry this sucked 😭😭😭 I haven't written this in so long and didn't know where to start.

(You're welcome, and you know who you are 😉)