☆Chapter 2(Charlie's POV)☆

(Art above by me!)

I got off the bus and saw a normal school bus drive off into the distance. Looking up, I saw a building with big lettering that said "SKOOL" in all caps. I walked inside the building after climbing a few short steps."That's quite a secure system..." I sarcastically murmured. The building looked like it was falling apart. I heard kids from other classes though. I wonder if that "Membrane" kid goes here. No, who am I kidding, I bet he goes to some fancy magnet school run by his dad. I picked a classroom that said "6th graders in here". I'm going to go into 7th grade soon so kids my age should be here. I walk in and immediately make out the smell of old chalk and I think even motor oil! Close to the door is a chalk board with the words "bubonic plague" scribbled on it. The first person I see is a tall woman wearing a black dress and her hair tied in a tight, grey bun. who I'm assuming is the teacher, walked up to me almost snake-like. "Who are you missy, and why are you here?" She snapped at me, causing me to jump a bit. "I'm Charlie-" My comment was interrupted by her snapping at me again. "Just sit down next to that kid over there in the glasses with a big head." She said. I heard the boy complainingly mutter "my heads not big" which I just snickered at. I walked to my seat next to a boy that was staring me right in the eye. How strange. Or I guess not, wouldn't you stare if you saw a girl wearing a taped paper on her forehead, covering up her whole face? Anyways, the boy wore a black coat with a popped out collar and a blue shirt with what resembled a white sheet ghost on the front of it, paired with khaki shorts, white tube socks, and red sneakers. After a few minutes I realized that he was still staring at me. "Would you mind?" I say facing towards him. "Oh! Sorry about that!" He said startling him a bit, he looked away and back up at the board, his face pink. Not gonna lie, if I saw a girl with a paper on her face I'd stare for a long time until I have the courage to actually ask her why she wears it.

☆☆☆☆☆

So time passes and it seems to be lunchtime. Now I get to socialize with these kids and possibly find "Membrane". While in the lunch line, I feel a slight tap on my shoulder. I turn in the back of me to see the kid I sat next to. "I'd just like to ask, why exactly do you wear that paper thingy? Not in a rude way or anything,I'm just curious on why." He asks. Shoot what do I tell him. "Uhhh...I thought it was cool so I wore it?" I responded. "Hm. So do you like aliens and stuff?" He asks again. "I am actually into "aliens and stuff" to be in I actually like reading about this one alien species, what where they called.. Irkens! Or something like that." The moment I said the name of the species the boy's eyes lit up. The crazy thing is that I said that to get the kid I'm actually here for's attention."What was your name again?" He asked. "Charlie Quazar, nice to meet you.." "Dib Membrane! I am interested in the in the paranormal and specifically the Irken race! I just thought it was really cool to know there's someone else at this school just as interested! So what do you know about them?" He says enthusiastically. "Shut up Dib! You're stupid!" I heard kid shout from a table. Dib just ignored the comment and- wait his last name was what? "Wait, you're a part of the membrane family?" I ask. "Oh yeah! My dad is the creator of membrane labs, it's not anything like you would think the life of a famous scientist's kid would be like though. Dad always ignores me and tells me things are false." Dib comments. Maybe his life isn't as different as mine. "My parents are kind of like that too. They tell me I'm not good at certain things." I say walking to a table. "Yeah. A lot of kids don't like me because they think I'm weird or mean to a "kid with a skin condition"." He says this while taking a seat at the lunch table. "That guy over there, Zim." He said pointing. "Yeah well it's obviously not that because he has the Irken uniform and PAK so that just wouldn't make sense." Then Dib started choking up and started crying, I really didn't know what to do. "Thank you so much no one's ever been this nice to me before." He responded. "Who is this new child, Dib stink? Also what is up with that dreaded liquid oozing from your disgusting eyeballs?!" I looked in awe at a real Irken! "Wow! Are you really an alien?!" I say now curious. "Gah! What has this dirty human boy told you! I am a perfectly normal human boy with who does normal human things like breathing and walking with my leg! Don't believe a single word Dib monkey tells you!" He says this with confidence but with a weird sense of hesitation in a way. "You're an alien. Stereotypical aliens talk like that like exactly." Dib started crying even more happy tears as I said that. He could flood the whole school shoot! "You're not joking right Charlie?" Zim just stared at Dib as he cried. "No of course not that'd just be stupid." I responded. Then I saw Zim scooping Dib's tears from the floor into a test tube. "Zim what are you doing?" Dib sniffed. "Nothing! I am 100% not stealing your DNA from the floor to clone you! Who would do that?!" Dib stared at him annoyed, his face still wet. "Anyways, thank you Charlie this means the world to me. Everyone calls me stupid and dumb and not good enough, thank you." He then gave me a tight hug. Crazy. I don't think I've ever been hugged before. Like in my whole life. "Hey look guys! That weird conspiracy theory kid has a girlfriend now!" A girl shouted. What the flip is up with these kids anyway? "Loser! She'll break up with you in an instant!" Someone shouted. "Dreaded Casey or whatever your stupid human name was, explain to me what this "girlfriend" thing is? And why does inferior Dib monkey have one? Can he use it to destroy me?" Zim asks. "No stupid green kid!" Another school kid yelled at Zim and proceeded to throw a whole tray of food at him. "HEY COME BACK HERE REVOLTING HUMAN!!!" Zim screamed at the top of his lungs. He then proceeded to chase after the kid that threw the tray at him. "So what else do you like Dib?" I ask ignoring the chaos. "Other than my mission to stop Zim from his attempts at destroying the earth, I like ghosts and other urban legends I guess." He responded. We just talked about a bunch of random stuff and he also mentioned a big plan to stop Zim from terrorizing the earth apparently. But right now Zim just seems like an Irken reject or something. I mean come on, he just chased a kid who threw food at him instead of using his time to like blow up the planet or something. "Do you want to meet up after school? I mean if you're not busy or anything." Dib asked me this when heading back to class. "Sure! I'm free. My parents are going to be out of town for a few days anyway. Where are we meeting up?" I ask. "Zim's house. You could see a ton of cool Irken tech in there!" We both agreed to meet up at around 3:20 when we get out of school, maybe I can find out a bit more about this kid and report it to my parents. So far though as just a normal person he seems pretty cool. He just cried a lot the first time I saw him.

FUN IRKEN FACT☆

Irkens determine their leader by how tall they are.Otherwise known as as "The Tallest". Sounds like first grade PE to me!