☆Chapter 4(Charlie's POV)☆

(Art above by me, you know the drill!)

As Dib and I walked to the house, he told me all kinds of stuff about Zim and all his failed attempts to destroy the earth. I personally don't see the danger in Zim. Sure Dib mentioned how Zim accidentally opened an inter-dimensional-planet-eating hole in the sky otherwise known as a "Florpus hole", but he also said Zim had accidentally done that so that just ruins the little compound of danger I saw within him. When we arrived at his house, I was met with a blue two story futuristic like home with an orange front door and a big garage of the left side of it. Dib opened the door to a small living room with a long red couch, coffee table, and flat screen tv placed neatly on a short mantle. Not to mention the Membrane Labs merch all scattered throughout the home. There was a stairway too, leading upstairs. "Hello there Dib! It's seems as if you've brought a new friend to the home! Who might you be?" A tall man in a white lab coat buttoned to cover his mouth wearing googles with a similar scythe like haircut Dib had; said aloud. "I'm Charlie Quazar. Dib's new friend and classmate. I was wondering if it was ok for me to stay here for a few weeks. My parents left me home alone while on a trip. Dib said that you'd be ok with it." I responded. "Of course! It's about time Dib gets any friends around here anyway." He said laughing a bit. "Dib do you know where my GS4 is- oh great you brought a girl over." A girl with short purple hair with a mint and white pixel bunny skull shirt alongside a grey skirt said as she came from down from the staircase. "She's just a friend from school, Gaz. I don't even know if I want to date anyone." Dib said glaring at her. "And no I don't know we're your stupid video game thingy is!" As the two were arguing, I sat on the couch and thought. They just seem like a normal family. It's gonna be so hard to tell the truth about all this. Mr. Membrane seemed really nice until you realize he kept a secret from his own son for twelve whole years shoot. My inner monologue was interrupted by Dib asking me if I wanted to go upstairs with him for a bit. I respond with a yes until his dad called him downstairs to talk. "You could just explore up there if you want." He said as his dad called him back down. As soon as I reached the top I saw a wide hallway with two doors on the right and left sides and one at the end of the hall. As I searched I found out that there's one bathroom, the guest room, Gaz's room, the laundry room, and Dib's room. It's a pretty big upstairs compared to downstairs. Dib's room was the one at end of the hall. I walked in and was met with a bunch of posters of mothman, Bigfoot, and other creatures. He had a small desk with a computer and a stack of books. All of them where somehow related to the paranormal. He also has his bed close to a circle window. There was a big cork board with red lines scattered everywhere close the desk. All of it was a bunch of stuff about Zim. No wonder he cried so much; this means a lot to him. "Hey Charlie! Oh yeah. Sorry my room's a bit messy!" He responded. "So what did your dad say?" I ask. "All that stupid boy-girl stuff. I don't like it when people jump to conclusions like that, it's just stupid." Dib said annoyed. "Yeah. Anyways, I see that you study other parts of the paranormal. Have you ever debunked anything? Loch Ness monster and such?" I ask, genuinely curious. "Well Bigfoot is really just an escaped zoo gorilla, the hat man is actually a microchip vision implanted in every Benadryl pill to make a quick buck, a lot of addicts hate me on that one, Nessie is actually a whale's- actually I don't feel comfortable saying that one. And a lot of old double exposure photos from the 1800's are results of misprints and not ghosts haunting the pictures." He says. "Thanks Charlie, just for being around. It's nice to finally share something you love with another person. Everyone always avoids me or thinks I'm weird." He said again smiling. "Those people are just jerks who are jealous that they don't have such a big head full of paranormal knowledge! I bet if they were put in a room with a hostile entity they wouldn't know what the hell to do, but I'm sure you would." I say with a smile under my mask. "Oh yeah! The guest rooms right over here. I don't know if you checked it out or not. Make yourself at home!" Dib said pointing to the left side of the doorway. "I'll pack up later, I'll just hang out with you for a bit." I responded. "Awesome! So do you have any more questions about the paranormal or anything?" He asked. We talked for hours ranging from the paranormal, to home life, and he talked about Zim a lot too. I still don't see what he sees in him."

FUN MEMBRANE FAMILY FACT☆

Professor Membrane, or Dib and Gaz's father, is the inventor of the first Super toaster, a toaster that can make the perfect toast in seconds!