☆Chapter 9(Dib's POV)☆

(Art above also by me!! The quote is from "134340 Pluto" from the band "Cojum dip")

I still can't believe it. My dad keeping such a secret for that long. A whole lifetime even. I knew that my dad at times could be flawed or just a straight up jerk, jumping to conclusions, sending potentially dangerous items to the public, gaslighting people into thinking that everything is okay, forcing me to carry on the "Membrane family legacy",which is just bologna because I don't have any grandparents or ancestors, and that makes too much sense. Now knowing that he lied for my whole life about my reality and who I am makes sense. He did that to disguise the fact that he cloned himself to make me, a mere failed subject. What is the purpose of living anymore if you're just made to be a living, breathing, talking failure. I bet that if Charlie hadn't come around then he might have kept the lie going for a much longer time. Speaking of Charlie, I can hear her coming downstairs, it makes sense why. I do unfortunately cry pretty darn loud. "Are you alright? I heard crying and wanted to check in on you." She said sitting next to me on the couch. "No, it's just really all just hard to take in and realize, you know? It just feels like I have no purpose to be here anymore. I'm a dud. A failed experiment, something to be thrown away and forgotten about." I sobbed into a pillow. Charlie, though her paper covered her entire face, she looked concerned and patted me on the shoulder and told me everything was gonna be ok. "What do you mean no purpose? You've shown me your love for paranormal investigation and goal to stop Zim, is that all chopped liver now or something? What I'm saying is that all of us have purpose, you just lost yours and need to find it again, and of course I'll help you with that." She said kindly. Charlie is probably the nicest person I've ever met. It's crazy that a literal dimension jumper is friends with me of all people, who barely has any friends. "Thanks, just for everything, Charlie. I've never really had anyone there for me, everyone just thinks that I'm crazy or weird. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate everything and I'm not talking any of this for granted." I told her through sobs. She hugged me and I thought I heard her whisper "No, thank you." Which just made me think to myself. Has Charlie gone through something like this too? I wonder. For now I'll stay here and ask questions later. "Hi Charlie! Hi Dib! I got you this plushy, thought would help with your whole conspiracy theorist existential crisis!! It's a mothman plushy thing I saw at the mall a few hours ago." Sour Kandi said happily while entering the room and handing it to me. I just stared at it for a bit and looked at Sour Kandi and smiled. "How did you know mothman was my favorite cryptid?" I asked her, puzzled. "Your dad- erm I mean your sister, yes! She told me! Heheh." She said with a bit of a worried expression. "That's surprising! My little sister's usually mean to me.. thanks anyway, Sour Kandi!" I say hugging her. I wonder if she's been working with my dad. For know I'm just gonna take my mind off him right now and hug my plushy.

FUN MEMBRANE FAMILY FACT☆

Professor Membrane has never shown his face publicly, nor to his children. Some people like to theorize that the beloved professor is actually an[REDACTED]. But that's just silly! Everyone knows that he's a completely normal person who just loves sharing his science with the world!