☆Chapter 3 (Charlie's POV)☆

(Art above by me!)

So school ended and me and Dib met up at the steps at the front of the school. "So how's it like having a younger sister?" I ask. "Not really good. Gazline isn't necessarily the nicest of people. Not to mention how she sometimes punches me really hard for no reason. It's like her fist is made of metal or something." He said while rubbing his wrist which is most likely were she punches him the most. "Well I'm sorry to hear that. Anyways, want some pretzels?" I ask him handing him a bag of them from my backpack. "Sure! Looks like we're already here though." He said while pointing to an oddly shaped house. It was a bright mint color with a skinny purple roof with a huge satellite dish at the top. It had 3 big windows and a door that looked like an entrance to a public bathroom. "How does anyone else just brush off this design? It's clearly strange. It's extremely alien-like too with that "I Heart Earth" flag." I said pointing to the flagpole planted in the ground. "No one really ever cares for some reason, to be in fact they just ignore any solid evidence that Zim is otherworldly. That's why I like you Charlie! You actually understand everything going on!" Dib said while knocking on the door. The door immediately burst open. A small thing, maybe robot, dressed in a neon green dog costume with huge white eyes and a tiny pink tongue, was at the front. "Thank you!!!" He said this while snatching my bag of chocolate pretzels then proceeding to somehow swallow it whole. "Come right on in!!!!" It said pointing to the now open doorway. Dib and I step into the house. The first thing I see is a large couch with a massive picture frame above it. The image was of a neon green monkey with huge lavender eyes with it's small red tongue sticking out of its little mouth. In front of the couch was a TV that was off. Zim was sitting on the couch playing with some gadget thing, his contact lenses and wig were off, showing his red eyes and antennae."GIR! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! NO HUMANS IN THE BASE!! Especially Dib and his new "Charles" thingy! I still have no idea what power it might hold!!" Zim shouted while getting up from the couch. That's the second time he's got my name wrong. "Aww but the one with the funny kitty mask gave me chocolate pretzels!!" Gir responded, his suit now dirtied with chocolate. "Why are you here anyway dookie Dib? And who are you?" Zim said facing me. "I'm Charlie Quazar. I'm quite interested in the Irken race, but I've never actually been able to meet a real one in person. So Dib here told me about you." Dib looked at me like I was insane. "He's the threat remember Charlie?! Don't make small talk!" I heard him mutter. "Right! Anyways I'm Dib's friend and-" I was then interrupted. "Wait! Earth boy has someone just as dedicated to destroying me as he is?! Then you are a threat, just like Dib monkey!!" Zim said this really loud for some reason. I could tell he was pretty pissed. "I honestly just want to learn about Irken society and stuff I haven't actually decided if I want to full on hunt you down, Zim." I say. "Good! Keep it that way! And you, Dib stink, GET YOU AND YOUR FRIEND THINGY OUT OF MY BASE!!!" Zim shouted. "Uh oh master is angry I think." Gir said, now eating Dib's chocolate pretzels. "I'm not getting out of here until I place a tracking device on your PAK, Zim!" Dib shouted taking a weird metal thing out of his suitcase. Oh yeah I forgot to mention he carries a suitcase with a big print of an eye on the front. Then they started fighting and me and Gir just sort of watched until Gir broke the silence by asking me if I wanted some waffles. "Uh sure! You got any syrup or honey?" I asked him. "No, but I got extra dish soap!!!" He responded. "Dish soap?! What the flip dude! You know what that does to your- oh right I almost forgot you're a robot.." While Gir sat at the table and munched on his dish soap soaked waffles, I went over to Dib and Zim to see if I could break up the fight. "Hey guys! Clam down geez! Do you guys fight like this every day? That can't be healthy dudes." I said. "Well dirt boy over here started it!" Zim argued. "What I'm saying is we're both going to leave now right Dib?" I ask giving him a hard stare. Dib sighed. "Well- you know what- *sigh*, ok. I guess I should tone it down on the whole fighting thing. But this doesn't mean I don't hate you and want to stop you anymore Zim! That's my main goal in life! And I won't stop until-" I interrupted Dib by buddy hugging him walking a few steps back and closing the door. As we walked away from Zim's house, I could feel Dib's shock and confusion. "What was that for?" he asked, looking at me with a puzzled expression on his face. "I just thought it was time for a little peace, you know?" I responded, trying to keep things chill."You're not like other people, are you?" Dib asked, his tone more curious than accusatory. I stayed quiet for a second then answered. "Hey Dib, what would you do if you found out that your entire family was a lie?" I ask pausing in my way of walking. "I'm sorry did something happen with you and your parents or what?" He asked. "No I'm just asking you." I respond. I never realized how ominous that sounded. "I'd probably be sad and confused. I might just go to you for help." He said with a small smile. "I know you'd have my back, Charlie! You just seem like the kind of person that would, right?" He asked. "Of course! I don't know what I was even talking about there! Can I crash a your house for a bit? My parents are going to be away for a week or so and I don't really like being home alone." I change the subject and lied. I honestly felt bad though. Dib seemed like a nice kid, the more I think about it the more I think it should take a few days for me to tell him the truth. "Sure! We have a guest room upstairs, I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind." He responded. I breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe I could take some time to figure out how to tell Dib the truth. For now, I just wanted to hang out with him for a bit and maybe learn some about the Membrane "family" in the process.

FUN MASKY FACT☆

When on a high rank mission, to keep a dimension jumper's identity anonymous, they won't have fingerprints while in that dimension. Therefore no one can turn them in or identify them to the Masky authorities.