New teacher- Donald Peterson

I was taking my kid to school and when i put her down in the playground she immediately ran inside.
"Lilith honey!" I yelled because she forgot to take her lunch box
She didnt stop so i ran after her, "Lilith!"

As i was running I accidentally bumped into someone.
"Oh my god I'm sorry!" I apologised.
"It's okay. Its okay. Im sorry too," He also apologised, "Was that your kid?"
"Yes, Lilith. She forgot her lunchbox," I sighed, "She has a new teacher today as well."
"Oh thats me. Donald Peterson. Nice to meet you," Donald held out his hand.

"Y/N Y/L/N," I shook his hand, "Bumping into my daughter's new teacher isn't that just fantastic."
"Trust me it's okay," He assured me, "No meeting is ever perfect."
"I guess," Then the bell rang in the school.

"I can take Lilith her lunch box if you want. I've been shown where all the kids lunch boxes go," Donald offered.
"Oh my god that would be great thank you. I need to get to work," I grinned.
"Don't worry about it," He grinned back and took the lunchbox from my hand.
As he did his fingers brushed slightly against mine.

"Good luck with the class today," I told him, "They can be a handful."
"How would you know?" He chuckled.
"I help out with school events. A lot of the mums do," I explained.
"Well thank you," He smiled.
"Bye," I started to walk to my car.
"Bye!" He waved.

Later on I went back to the school to pick up Lilith. I stood there waiting and then she ran out.
"Hi Lilith," I hugged her, "How was the day with your new teacher?"
"It was really good. Mr Peterson is really nice," Lilith answered.
"Thats good... honey wheres your lunch box?" I asked.
"Oh i left it inside," She left out a big huff.

"How are you forgetting to bring it out? Did Mr Maddens used to remind you or something?" I questioned and Lilith nodded, "I thought so. Its okay we can go back inside and get-"
"You dont have to worry about that," Donald walked outside with Liliths lunchbox.
"Oh you didn't have to do that," I stood up properly.
"No. Its no problem really," He gave Lilith her lunchbox, "There you go Lilith."

"Thank you," She made a big grin.
"You're welcome," He nodded.
"How was your day?" I asked Donald.
"Oh it was really good. The kids were nice. Your Lilith is a very smart girl," He looked at Lilith then me.
"She is," I grinned, "Well we have to get home. Say bye to Mr Peterson Lilith."
"Bye sir," She waved.
"Bye Lilith. Bye Holly," Donald she bye back.
"Bye," I waved.

When it got to Christmas there was a disco for the kids one night at the school. Me and the other mums helped organise it. In the passing weeks me and Donald talked a bit in the mornings before school and a tiny bit after school.

As I was walking around the hall and picking up empty used plastic cups I felt a presence next to me.
"Hi," I heard the Scottish accent.
I looked up and saw Donald.
"Hi," My face lit up.
"The disco is really good. All the kids seem to be having fun," He looked around.
"We always like to make sure the kids have lots of opportunities," I grinned seeing Lilith dance.

"If you don't mind me asking... I was just wondering the situation with Lilith father... you never seem to mention him," Donald asked.
"Oh him. He is an ar- no i cant swear at school. Hes a jerk. He was not fit to be a father," I shook my head, "Ran away when Lilith was two months old."
"Oh I'm sorry," Donalds face dropped.
"No it's okay. I got over that man years ago. Me and Lilith together on our own isn't as bad as you may think. I prefer it that way to having that man back," I explained.

"So just you a Lilith?" Donald nodded.
"Yeah... i haven't dated in a very long time," I shook my head.
Then a slow song starts playing.
"A slow song... at a children's disco?" He questioned.
"Oh ye we like to see how many children will do the slow dance. It's pretty sweet. Some teachers join in. Like over there," I pointed at some teachers and then chuckled, "Some of the mums would sometimes even be bold enough to dance with a teacher of their kids that they like."

I turned round and put the plastic cups in the bin. I then felt Donald tap my shoulder and when i turned round he was holding out his hand.
"Would you like to dance?" He asked.
"Really?" I looked at his hand.
"Yeah! Come on," He took my hand and pulled me into his arms.

He kept held of one of my hands and his free arm was round my waist. My free hand was holding his shoulder.
We very slowly swayed to the music while looking at each other. After a while the music went up beat again and we let go of each other
"That was really nice," I grinned.
"Ye it was," He kissed my cheek and I blushed.
"Oh! One of the mums is calling me over. Could you excuse me?" I lied.
"Ye no problem," He nodded.
"Thanks," I walked to the other mums.

"You danced with Mr Peterson," Mellissa looked at me in amazement.
"He kissed my cheek," I blushed.
"He what?!" All the women yelled.
"Shhhh!" I shushed them, "Shut up please."
"Do you need my emergency mistletoe?" Amanda asked.
"Your what?" I questioned.
"Emergency mistletoe," She looked through her bag, "Not every party has mistletoe."

"Guys I'm not sure if I should be kissing him this early on," I shook my head.
"Yes you should," Kate nodded.
"Go get that teacher," Amanda made sure the mistletoe was in my hand, "The disco is over in three minutes so you better make them three minutes count."
"Okay," I took a deep breath and went to find him.

I looked around but i couldnt find him. It came to the end of the disco and I was helping clean up and then I took Lilith home.

I was at home and it was now 8:30. Lilith was fast asleep in bed and I was in the sitting room while it was snowing outside.
There was then a light knock at the door. Who could it be at this time. I got up and opened the door to see it was Donald.
"Donald? What are you doing here?"
I slid on my slippers and stepped outside closing the door so i didnt wake lilith.

"Oh you just dropped something when you were leaving," He told me.
"What did i drop?" I logged my eyebrows in confusion.
Donald pointed up and when i looked up I saw the mistletoe. He had taped it to the wall above us.
I blushed hard and he took me in his arms.
"Something tells me someone wanted to kiss me at that dance," He grinned.
"I...i... ye," I stuttered.

Suddenly, Donald kissed me deeply, i wrapped my arms round his neck, kissing back.

It's now February and valentines day. I brought Lilith to school and she went to play with her friends before the bell going. I sat on the wall with a bag in my hand for Donald.
I saw him step out the school and walk over to me, "Happy Valentine's day my love."
"Happy valentines day," I grinned and he pulled a bouquet of my favourite flowers from behind my back and a cute little teddy and a card.

"Awww Donald thats adorable," I grinned and blushed.
"I knew you'd like it," He kissed my forehead and gave me the stuff.
"Here you go," I passed him a bag.
I had got him some chocolates, a card and then there was a long scarf.
"Did you knot this?" He lit up.
"Ye it took my hours," I chuckled.
"Oh thank you. I love it," He kissed me deeply and i kissed back.

"I organised a babysitter so you can take me wherever you want tonight like you said... and the babysitter said they are willing to stay all night," I told him, "In other words Lilith getting picked up for a sleepover at her grandparents."
"So we have the whole night to ourselves?" Donald grinned.
"Exactly," I nodded.

I was at home getting ready for me and Donald's date. I was wearing a red short dress, black leather jacket, black heels and underneath something for later.

There was then a knock at the door.
"Coming!" I yelled while grabbing my bag.
I opened the door and Donald was stood there with another bouquet of my favourite flowers.
"Two bouquets in one day? God im lucky!" I grinned.
"Yes you are," He handed them to me, "You look utterly gorgeous."
"You look handsome," I looked at his suit, "And you're wearing the scarf."
"Of course i am," He said as if it was something he's been doing his whole life.

I put the flowers on the hallway table and Donald picked me up, spinning me round.
"Donald!" I laughed.
"Oh you're so cute," He kissed my neck a few times, "Okay let's go."
"Okay," I took his hand, locked up and he led me to his car.