Chapter 6.

*****

"Can we go home now?" Kristy laughed at my very serious question as we walked into the massive house that was basically shaking because of how loud the music was.

She had somehow managed to find a way to get my hair to stay curly. It felt weird, but it was cute.

I felt my mood lower even more - if that's possible seeing as it was already below ground level - as my eyes fell on all the people in the house. It was a college party and the place was packed. Though, from how people described high school parties in the conversations I eavesdropped on at school, it was the same, just with more alcohol, people and craziness.

"Kris!" I was immediately dragged across the room as Kristy pulled me through the crowd before she hugged the guy that had called out to her.

She introduced him to me as Jack and he began to speak to me very fast about not having seen me around anywhere before or his school, though I couldn't really keep up because he spoke incredibly fast, I just gave answers when he would stop with a question. I liked him though, he seemed like the guy version of Kristy and was incredibly friendly.

"Where's Xander?" He asked when he finally looked back at Kristy. She gave me an apologetic smile, probably apologising for his current hyperactivity.

"I don't know, he said he'd be here a little later," Kristy said glancing around despite knowing her boyfriend wasn't there yet.

"Cool, let's dance!" Jack grabbed my hand along with Kristy's and before we could even object he had dragged us to the dance floor.

I had been a little uptight at first while they introduced me to more people and tried to get me to dance, eventually I just decided to forget about everything and have some fun for once in my life, and I did, especially since Jack and Kristy's other friends - who she introduced to me as Monique, Sarah and Miguel - were also very nice and welcoming people.

When I had had enough dancing, I turned to the others and tried to raise my voice so it could be heard above the pumping music.

"Where's the kitchen?" I asked.

"That way, want me to come with you?" Miguel pointed.

"No, it's fine." I smiled.

"Alright, but don't drink anything you haven't opened yourself and if you're not back in fifteen minutes, expect to hear some guns." I laughed while nodding at what he said before I made my way in the direction he had pointed in.

I found the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before I turned around but stopped as I heard a familiar voice.

"You!" I looked up and my jaw dropped a little in surprise as my wide eyes met Damien's. He smirked. "Faith demands a name." He said.

I laughed as I looked down feeling my heart pick up at his presence. Usually, I would have just walked away, but usually I wouldn't have ever stepped into a party, let alone danced with a bunch of people I just met... or even talked to people.

"Han..." I stopped, "Um... Jessica." I lied not completely certain about why, but it just seemed like the right thing to do considering that I wasn't being who I usually was.