Chapter 17.

*****

"No! Don't do that! You'll mess it up!" I shouted.

"Shut up!" Lyle yelled back.

"No! You shut up!" I replied.

Natalie, Miguel, Jack and Kristy laughed as they watched us try to make dinner. Why we were being made to do it together was beyond me, apparently they found it funny how we couldn't agree on most things.

Kristy and I had come from the diner; I had about two hours left before I headed to the club.

"I like mushrooms," Lyle mumbled.

"Smurf," I mumbled.

"What?" He looked at me.

"What?" I looked at him. He gave me a frown and I smiled, only earning a deeper frown from him as he narrowed his eyes.

"Alright, so... we order Pizza?" Jack leaned over me and frowned at the food in the bowl in front of me.

I tilted my head. It looked weird. What had we put into it?

"See! I told you not to add stuff." I shot Lyle a glare as he said that, we both knew he had begun alternating ingredients. "It's probably still edible..." He said looking at it.

"Yeah, I mean, it's not like we added anything that we didn't find in the cupboard." I shrugged.

"Right, we're not taking any chances. Babe, get rid of that while I order some pizza." Natalie said.

"But - But you forced us to spend hours on this!" Lyle motioned to the food.

"Yeah, because you were our entertainment." Kristy shrugged, "Now we're having a snack break." I glared at her as I threw a chilli at her.

Lyle laughed throwing another when she shot me a death glare.

"Stop messing with Kristy! Get rid of... whatever that is." Natalie pointed at our food... or creation, rather. It would have turned out properly if Lyle hadn't began throwing in random ingredients.

Lyle and I laughed before he took the bowl and walked out while the rest of us began to clean up but I stopped as I heard my phone buzz and grabbed it from the counter.

"Who's texting you?" Kristy wiggled her brows and I gave her a confused look back.

"I don't know, it's some number." I opened the text from the number I hadn't seen before and frowned.

"What is it?" Jack took the phone from my hand. "Oh, wow." He mumbled.

"What?" Natalie looked at us as she dropped the phone having called the pizza place.