Chapter 7.

*****

I stood behind the bar a little awkwardly as Trey pointed everything out to me and introduced me to everyone. The massive club was completely empty save for me, Trey, the four other bartenders and some security guards, all of whom were there because they had a meeting so Trey decided it was a convenient time for me to come by to meet everyone.

It was about ten in the morning, the club opened at 6 PM every night besides Friday, Saturday and Sunday when it opened a little later and Max opened at nine on Sundays but said it was okay for me to arrive a little later because I was meeting with Trey. I hadn't been able to convince Trey not to give me a day off so I was stuck with having every Wednesday off - unless they really needed me and Trey doubted that because weekdays were not all that busy.

There were two male bartenders that looked like wrestlers. They were huge, but incredibly friendly which made them look odd to me because all I could think is they were too sweet to be that huge... I wasn't complaining though, they were nice guys so they would probably be good to work with. The girls were pretty nice too, it made me feel a lot better about working at night.

"So there, all set. Can you start on Monday?" I looked up from the contract I was reading to Trey. Somewhere in his speech, I had lost him and began focusing on the contract. Bad, I know, but he didn't seem to mind.

"Yes." I shrugged. "And I'll give you this on Monday?" I raised the papers.

"That's fine. I'll see you all on Monday, you have to be here by five." Trey said, "You going to Max's?" He looked at me. I nodded.

We left, Trey handing me a white shirt with the club logo on it that was long-sleeved, luckily, and telling me never to wear my hoodie to work before he dropped me off at the diner.

I figured that I would have to buy my own makeup soon since Kristy wouldn't be at the club as I walked into the diner and was greeted by Max at the counter.

"How'd it go?" He asked before he frowned at me. "Hannah, it's not even midday and it's a fricking supernova outside, how are you still wearing that? I'm burning to death just looking at you." He motioned to my hoodie.

I shrugged. I guess I was used to it, having always worn it regardless of what the weather was like.

"I'm gonna go change," I said.

"You should, that guy's been sitting there for the past forty-five minutes waiting to be served by you, he refuses anyone else." I looked to where Max pointed and furrowed my brows as Mr Creed waved at me, smiling widely. That smile seemed so familiar... "Need me to get rid of him? Is he a creep?" Max's voice had me turning back to him.

I laughed. "No, he's just my English teacher," I said.

"Oh... And he's here... Waiting... for almost an hour... on a Sunday morning..." He looked at Mr Creed, his eyes narrowed, "So how is he not a creep, Hannah?" Max asked looking at me confused.

I shrugged as I laughed a little. "I don't know," I said. He chuckled.

"Yell if you need any help." He told me seriously.

"Alright, Max," I nodded before I made my way to the back.

I changed and put Kristy's make up on, she always took Sunday's off, and then I walked out to the diner grabbing my notepad and stopped at my first table.

"Good morning, welcome to -" I was saying.

"Can I talk to you?" Mr Creed cut me off. I looked at him and bit the inside of my cheek nervously.