Chapter 35.

*****

I gripped the blanket in my hands as I peaked over my knees at the screen across me. Stupid me had decided I was brave enough to watch a horror movie while I was home alone. I was an idiot.

I almost screamed hearing a 'ding' before I laughed at myself awkwardly when I realised it was the oven which I had put food into earlier.

I shook my head as I paused the movie and gave another laugh at how much I had managed to scare myself. I raised my brows seeing that I had paused on the face of the terrified girl, probably before she got killed.

The house was unusually quiet without Lyle and Natalie as I walked to the kitchen and pulled my pizza out of the oven. This was the last time I would be watching a horror movie. Or not. Considering that Victor, Rick, Kristy, Zeke and Keith absolutely loved those types of movies.

I almost dropped my plate as I heard a knock on the door.

"Hannah. It's just the door." I groaned at how scared I was. No, I was definitely changing the movie immediately. "Who is it?" My voice echoed through the house.

I ran to it before looking through the peephole but I was met with only black. I shook my head. Only Rick, Victor and Damien did that because they thought it was funny.

"Day?" I asked. Didn't he have to be at the party? They had invited me but I opted not to go.

Rolling my eyes at the covered peephole, I unlocked the door and pulled it open but I felt my breath catch in my chest as panic filled me when I was immediately shoved against the wall beside the door. I opened my mouth to scream but a large hand covered it muffling the sound. I felt my legs turn to jelly as I recognised the tattoo on the man's neck before I been looked at his face.

"You little bitch!" He hissed using his other hand to slam the door shut. I cried out into his hand as the other met my stomach forcefully. He stepped back and I collapsed onto my knees clutching my stomach. I felt paralysing fear consume me as he grabbed my arm and pulled me back up only to slam me against the wall again, this time with his hand secured around my neck. I immediately grabbed his hand trying to pry it away. "You think you can get us arrested?" He hissed, "The police came by the other day," he chuckled, "My boys were over so we took care of them. You tried to get us in jail?" He said venomously.

"N-no -" I cried out as he punched my ribs, "I-I swear - I didn't c-call them -" I felt tears run down my face as I coughed out the words while his hand tightened around my neck.

"You better hope we don't get looked for. If I have to leave this town, it will be because I killed you. You better get them off our backs." He hissed. He released his grip on my throat but didn't move his hand, instead tightening it slightly. I gasped for air as I held onto his wrist while he stared back at me with a frown. "Your face. It's almost clear... The look doesn't suit you, Sweetheart." I felt a little relief as his hand loosened slightly but that only lasted for a second before his fist slammed against my cheek sending me falling to the floor with another cry. "That'll fix it." He chuckled before he left shutting the door behind him.