20

y/n pov

i felt badly for lying to billie by telling her that i  had too much school to miss. truth was, i was sat on the plane flying to milan to surprise billie. the only reason i was going is so she didn't do anything stupid. otherwise, i would have put up a harder fight to finneas. 

i had about 4 more hours until my plane landed. the time already changed and i didnt know what time to go by, i just hoped that by the time i got to Milan, i would have enough time to sleep and get everything situated and surprise her before she left to the arena the next morning. i would arrive at 11:35 pm. i wasnt nervous to meet finneas. he was probably just like billie. but i was nervous to meet her parents so soon. 

i was wearing a hoodie and matching sweatpants and i had my hair in a ponytail braid with my glasses on. i usually wore contacts but since i had to be on a flight for 12 hours i was going to deal with the glasses. i didnt pack too much. even though i didn't know how long i was going to be here. i was just going to try to make billie feel better. to not be so sad.

--- 11:45 pm

i just got off of the plane. and i am waiting for finneas at the front. i got a text from him and he said "i'm here" i walked out of the airport and looked for his car. it was dark outside so it was hard to see his car. i eventually found his car and he helped me put my suitcase into the trunk. i got into the passenger seat without a word from him and we started to drive to the hotel. "how was your flight?" finneas asked as we finnally left the airport area. "it was actually quit nice to be honest. i listened to music the whole time to be honest" he laughed. "are your parents alright with you being here?" he asked. my parents didnt even know. or care. "yeah theyre supportive" i lied. i didnt want to make a big deal. 

"are you hungry or anything?" finneas asked. we had about 20 more minutes until we go to the hotel billie was staying at. finneas bought me a hotel room right next door to billies so it would be easier to see her. "nah im good, im just ready to go to sleep" i chuckled. 

we had about 10 more minutes to the hotel when i got several texts from billie 

billie bug

billie bug: i am sorry to be a burden. but i really need you.
billie bug : the lights are so pretty. what if i turned into one?
billie bug: the buildings are so pretty too.
billie bug: i could become one 
billie bug: no one would care if i just jumped right?
billie bug: shit youre probably taking a nap
billie bug: i fucking want to go 
billie bug: i wish you were here.

me: billie please dont do anything. billie please
me: call me billie 

read 12: 12 am

me: billie call me. 
me: please

billie bug: shouldnt you be busy
billie bug: its early

me: i dont give a fuck billie call me right now.

i notified finneas about the texts i was receiving and thankfully were only 4 minutes away from the hotel. finneas kept quiet and kept driving. picking up the speed. i got a call from billie so i answered it. "hello?" "billie are you alright love talk to me". i was so scared. "i dont want to talk right now. just stay on the phone with me please" she said. i kept quiet and as we arrived to the hotel i put myself on mute and walked quiclky to my room. 

just as i got my luggage into my room, i heard her speak "i think i am going to jump" my heart dropped at that.  my heart was pounding and it wouldnt stop. "tell my family i love them" she said 

billies pov

i hung up on y/n. i couldnt let her be on the phone anymore. i didnt want her to be sad over me. just as i was about to jump off of the window, i hear someone come into my room. "billie don't" the person yelled as they walked over to me. "billie, please. i know that life gets hars sometimes. i do. but theres no reason to give your life up. you have family that loves you, you have your frienfs and finneas and your fans. dont give your life away. let yourslef live. one day you will have a beautiful family and be happy again. just to look back at this day and smile and tell yourself you made it. but right now in this moment you need to think about the things ahead of you and think of how your parentd and finneas will feel if you went." i turned around and saw y/n.

"come here billie"she said. i didn't go tho. i turned my head back to the buildings in Milan. i felt her warm hand on mine and her pull me back. i fell on her on the floor. and as soon as i was in her embrace i started to cry. i sobbed and sobbed. this was embarrassing and i didnt like crying. let alone cry in front of people. "i got you. billie its okay." she said softly into my ear. shortly after i felt warm water touch the scalp of my head. me knowing that y/n was crying too. "Just know that im right here billie. im right here." she started singing my song everything i wanted. 

i fell asleep and before i knew it i was being placed onto the bed. i heard the window close and the curtains shut before the lights went out again. "i'm here eilish" she said. i was awake but she didn't know "i'll see you in the morning" before she walked away i opened my eyes and grabbed her hands and pulled her back into me. "can you please stay" i asked in hopes i would have her next to me again. she sighed. i knew i made her upset. "of course, let me go get mt clothes" i saw a tear come out of her eyes and i got worried. "why are you crying?" i asked. dumb question "because i almost lost you" thats when the tears really started to flow down her pretty face. "i-im sorry" i didnt know anything else to say. but i had to be strong. she just hugged me. tight. "i am going to go and get my clothes then i'll be back okay?" i shook my head at that. i didnt want to be alone. "just wear my clothes"i told her. she sighed again

y/n pov

after a lot of convincing and whining, billie and i walked to my hotel room just next door so i could get my clothes. "can we go to sleep now?" she asked once i finished putting my pajamas on. i gave her a simple smile and walked over to her. she smiled and put her arms around my waist. nothing romantical, just a warm hug. i wasn't going to mention what happened just 15 minutes ago. that wasnt right. but i wasnt going to forget about it. 

as we got back into billies room she layed onto her bed right away. "this might be weird but i dont fucking care. can we please cuddle.?" i nodded my head and got onto the bed beside her. as soon as i layed down she wrapped her cold arms around my body.  "i am glad you are here" she said right before she fell asleep and i was at peace. however i couldnt sleep. all that was running through my head is 'what would have happened if i said no to finneas?' i knew that in the morning she would ask me why im here and how i got here. but it wasn't a problem. 

i kissed her forehead and tried to go to sleep. everything that happened kept running through my head.  before i started to doze off my phone buzzed from finneas checking in and making sure everything is alright. i told him yes not to worry and that i would keep him updated.

i needed her to stay. 

---

short and simple!