12 BC 1

... did not want to experience huh?

I was standing, had both arms and felt great.

"Holey shit!" I exclaimed thrilled from the bottom of my heart. It felt like my thoughts flew unencumbered for the first time in what seemed like weeks. Not having migraine was such a treat!

"Good job, Snotty, I really didn't think I'd see the other end of this tunnel. I wouldn't have even been mad," I spoke and looked around for the slithering monstrosity. It was above me, the feelers all danced energetically.

"Hell yea!" I attempted to mimic its enthusiasm with a full body motion, arms up and all. It was such an understated pleasure to be able to just move. Cracked my neck. How long did I spend lying listless in the corner? I didn't begrudge the alien for the fix-up. Wasn't the worst thing that had happened to me recently – and I really would have missed the arm.

Ground shook and I staggered backwards. Oh. I suppose little critter wasn't full of shit – even before it ate me. Something was really attacking the base. It wasn't a gentle trembling either, more like relentless pounding.

"Is that him... You think?"

Snail did not offer up a tentacle for a chat, so I could only guess. Chances were high or I probably wouldn't be standing here. I was suddenly feeling wary and apprehensive. Whatever that was outside it truly felt colossally immense. It caused earthquakes, for fuck's sake. Did I really want to see? What the fuck could a literal mountain even want with me? Perhaps it was not too late to ask the snail to bash my head in and dispose of the remains? We can all blame it on the mad scientists who were already planning it anyway.

There was a window observing this cell too, and a couple of panicking jailers too. Different ones to my personal watchers. What these two nerds could have been doing to the ever so helpful serene snail? The unreasonably overgrown mollusc with its myriad writhing hands and insidious sense of home décor probably did not appear that way to other humans, but it was nothing but nice to my humble person at my lowest.

"Tsk tsk tsk," I interceded their mute shouting and gesturing. "You're so fucked, aren't you?" Me too probably, but I needed this hot second of superiority over their entitled asses.

"You! What did you do?" the fatter of the two shouted through the microphone. Oh my, situation was dire enough for these two geniuses to break protocol as well.

"Me? I was locked up here all along. What did you do?"

"Call it off!"

Ground shook dreadfully yet again.

"I heard you - you know who it is. Call it off, mouth!"

"That's not how it works?" I stated but had no idea either. It didn't seem like it?

"I'll make you do it!" On those exact words electricity trickled down the metal walls and both me and the alien invertebrate were twitching on the floor. It's good it didn't have bones or plopping off the ceiling might have done some damage. Having skeleton seemed more and more of a disadvantage these days.

Convulsing on the ground I felt the vibration with very particular tick tick ticking connotation to it. Very little doubt as to what was happening now. Shortly, there were shouts of confusion on the intercom and the pain ceased. Groaning, I looked up to see scientists cower away from the oozing walls and especially, the door. Poor trapped souls, my heart bled for them.

The room outside started crinkling in on itself like a plastic bottle underwater. I suspected it was beseeched by great weight, especially when some more of the biomass poured in through the cracks. The shutter to the cage tried to fall in place and lock us out, but it stuck halfway on the rumpled armature. Just enough for me to see the trapped scientists die in white fog, no doubt another failsafe to prevent demonic creatures from escaping.