3 ✰

Y/n pov:

I waited for Sunoo to arrive so I could try to ask him about it in class. When he arrived, he sat beside me and smiled at me.

"You're wearing pink again!" He pointed at my shirt smiling. I felt bad to ask him and ruin his seemingly happy mood so I just talked to him a bit.

"Yep! I thought about your compliment from yesterday and decided to wear pink again" I smiled back.

Me and Sunoo talked a bit before the lesson started. After it ended, he was in a rush to leave and just smiled at me and ran out. I still wanted to know about the rumour, so, I hid from Bora, who was looking for me. I went a different way, turning a bunch of corners. I didn't actually know where I was going. I walked outside and saw some benches, but no one was sat on them. I looked around and saw a lonely boy sat there staring at a lunchbox. It was Sunoo. I ran over to him.

"There you are! I was looking for you" I said, he just looked up at me, his face seemed drained and upset, but when he saw me his facial expression changed to a somewhat happy one.

"Oh, Y/n! Why aren't you with your friends..?" He asked, shoving the empty lunchbox into his bag.

"I wanted to ask you something" I sat down beside him.

"Oh... what do you want to ask me..?" He replied, stiffening a bit.

"Well, there was a rumour that you're running away from a gang because you owe them money. Is it true...?" I asked.

"Oh... the rumour got to you as well... there's not point even trying to talk to you, I already know what you'll say now. Bye, Y/n.." he grabbed his bag and ran off, leaving me outside.

I felt bad. For ruining his happy mood, and for the rumour. I stood up looking at the time. Oh no, I was late! When I stood up, I noticed writing on the bench.

"Reserved for the runaway criminal, Kim Sunoo",
"Kys, nobody likes you", "might as well kys before those guys get to you", "I hope you get caught, idiot"  I widened my eyes in shock. We literally just got to college and already all of this?! Suddenly, I felt even worse than before. Why was this happening to him? He seemed so nice.

After school, I decided to find Sunoo, but he was nowhere to be seen. I gave up and went home, feeling guilty for not trying to comfort him. I sat in my room, thinking. The cold breeze of the wind made it hard for me to concentrate, so I went to close the window. Suddenly, a rock flew to my face, hitting my nose. I flinched, and looked outside. I saw none other than Kim Sunoo. I looked at him with a mix of angry and confused at the same time. He covered his mouth in shock.

"I'm sorry! Please let me in your house, Y/n! Please!" He yelled, looking around. I held my nose and raised a thumbs up from the window. He nodded and ran to where the door was.

I quickly went downstairs, letting him into my house. I shut the door and went to get a plaster for my nose.

"I'm so sorry for your nose, I didn't mean to hit you! I was meant to hit your window to get your attention, and then you went to close it and I accidentally hit you" he pouted a bit.

"It's fine, why did you want to come to my house?" I asked.

"Well, I saw you at your window and I needed you to help me by letting me into your house because the rumour is kinda true.. there is a gang chasing me, but I didn't take any money! In high school, I had loads of friends. I was really happy and popular, but someone didn't like me and kept on making rude comments towards me. Then, they told all my friends that I'm a thief and that I steal people's money because I don't have that much. But I don't! Then, a few months ago I found out that whoever it was told them that I took their money and they want me to give it back. They have money missing, but I didn't take it! Even if I don't have any money, I wouldn't just steal someone else's..." He explained. It made sense now, I felt really bad for him.

"I'm sorry that happened... you seem so sweet, you don't deserve this" I hugged him, and after a bit he hugged back.

"I'll be-" I didn't get to finish my sentence, because I heard yelling from outside.

"Get here right now Kim! You owe me money!"

"He's gone, this is useless! Let's leave, we'll get him tomorrow"

"I don't have time tomorrow, idiot! I told you, I have to beat up a different guy tomorrow. He really thinks it's okay to punch me like that"

Their muffled laughs started getting quieter, meaning they were going away.

"Thank you so much Y/n! You're a life saver!" He thanked me.

"No need to thank me, anyway I was saying, I'll be your friend! I don't care what anyone else says" his eyes widened, and he started to smile.

He came to hug me and it was the tightest hug I've ever had, I laughed a bit. Just then my grandma came in.

"Oh!" She dropped her basket of fruits on the floor.

Sunoo got up and rushed to help her, picking up the fruits off the floor. I admired how nice and helpful he was, even though all those rumours were made of him. If that was me, I'd probably be rude to everyone I encountered because of my bad attitude.

"Thank you, uhhh" She looked at him waiting for an answer.

"Oh, my name's Sunoo" he smiled.

"Thank you, Sunoo" She thanked him. She then turned to me, "is this your boyfriend? He's lovely!"

I went red, before hearing Sunoo chuckle. I replied, "no he's not my boyfriend! He's my new friend" I turned around so no one could see my face.

"Well, I think you should stay over. I insist! You can have food with us!" She said, ushering us towards the kitchen.

We sat down and she took out the food she prepared. Sunoo stared at it in awe. He ate it like he's never seen food before in his life. After a while he told us that he's going home.

"By the way, can I take some food home with me? I want to give some to my parents and my sister. It's okay if not though" he asked.

I nodded and replied, "yeah sure! Take as much as you need"

He took some and shoved it in his bag, it wasn't a lot, but hopefully it was good enough for him and his family. He waved goodbye happily when he got to the door and left. I was glad to be able to make his day a bit better.

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎: 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚊. 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚔 😭 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛!! 😭🫶