5 ✰

Sunoo pov:

(Friday lunchtime)

When I saw Y/n looking at my open lunchbox, I panicked. If she saw the note, she might think something bad of me. Yes, I did tell her I was pretty broke, but not so broke that my family can't afford for me to have any food at lunch. Without second thought, I ran to where she was, grabbing the lunchbox she dropped. When she flinched from me yelling, I suddenly felt guilty. As she left, I wanted to stop her and explain the situation but I couldn't. Last time someone I was friends with found out I had barely any money, they made my life a living hell. I didn't want to lose another friend. I didn't want to lose her. When I saw Y/n come back for cleaning stuff, I wondered what she needed it for.

"just grabbing this cleaning stuff I used for the bench" she smiled, before leaving.

Cleaning the bench? I looked at the bench and saw the red writing was gone. Did she clean the bench so I didn't need to see those rude comments written when I sat down? Suddenly, I started to realise she probably knocked the lunchbox over and was trying to put it back. I suddenly felt incredibly guilty for the way I acted out of worry and fear of losing her.

The next morning, I decided to visit her house to apologise and tell her about how I felt. But, when I got there, I wasn't greeted by her but instead a tall, handsome guy. I put my hands on my mouth in shock. Why was that hot instagram guy that everyone obsessed over in her house?!

"Uhh, can I help you? Or are you just gonna stand there staring at me..?" He asked.

"Uhm, is Y/n home...?" I half whispered.

"Yeah she's in here, what's your deal? Why are you acting so, I dunno, weird?" He said, holding the door open.

"Because you're that hot instagram guy!" I replied, walking in.

He raised an eyebrow, before calling Y/n downstairs, "Y/n! Your weird boyfriend's here!"

She came downstairs, with wet hair, looking really tired.

"Heeseung, what are you talking about, I don't have a boy- Sunoo?!" She looked at me, then at instagram guy, then at herself.

"Y/n, sort this kid out, I think he's on drugs. He called me 'that hot instagram guy'" he looked at me, then at Y/n.

"Heeseung, my classmates and other students at my college found your instagram account and now your everywhere! They think you're hot, which you're not" She sighed before continuing, "come to my room, we can talk there if that's why your here"

I nodded, walking behind her up the stairs. We got into her bedroom, which was a really nice bedroom. Better than my shed looking bedroom. She sat on her bed, before patting the spot next to her, signalling for me to sit next to her. I sat down before taking a deep breath.

"Y/n I'm sorry that I acted like that yesterday. I didn't want you to see my lunchbox because-" she interrupted me.

"Sorry, hold on. Heeseung! I saw you at the edge of my door! There's nothing to worry about, we're just talking!" She yelled.

"Ugh, fine! This guy seems sketchy, I don't want to hear anything okay?!" He yelled back.

"Whatever, lemme close the door so you can talk and not get interrupted my my cousin invading our privacy" she got up and closed the door, before coming back.

"Okay so, I wanted to apologise for what happened yesterday. Sorry if I was harsh or anything. I just thought that if you found out that I was so broke sometimes I can't have food for lunch, you'd leave me like others did.." I said.

"I would never judge anyone for their money! It doesn't matter if you're broke or rich or somewhere in the middle, what matters is your attitude towards people. And I like how sweet you are! That's all that matters" she smiled and pulled me into a hug. But something felt different about this hug, last time, I was happy to have a friend and someone I could trust. This time it felt... different? Before I could process my thoughts, she broke the hug.

"I actually need to tell you something too" she took a deep breath and continued, "well, like everyone else at school, you probably think that my father is a rich businessman and I actually live with him right?"

I nodded, making her look down and take another deep breath. Did she not have a rich businessman father or something? Her popular friends said she did, and even said they'd met him.

"Well, him and my mother left me and my sister, Eunji, ages ago. He is that rich businessman, but he doesn't live with us, I have no idea where he lives or where he is. My mother didn't want anything to do with us, and she left. Then, my father left too. My sister left when she was 18 to live in America and start a new life. My grandma took care of us when my father left. Now, I try my best to help my grandma and spend time with her" she explained. I felt terrible. She had gone through so much, and probably even more than what she explained.

Suddenly, she took my hands and looked into my eyes, before saying, "You're the only person that I've ever told, I know I haven't known you for long, but I trust you" she smiled.

I just nodded, not knowing what to say. I suddenly felt something weird, I couldn't explain it. But it felt different to anything I've felt before. I've never felt like this talking to a friend, why did I feel like this now? Afterwards, we talked a bit and hung out. I mean, a few times that Heeseung guy, peeked through the door with narrowed eyes which caused small fights between him and Y/n.

When it was time for them to eat, I decided to leave. Y/n stopped me and told me to eat at her house and bring some food for my family. When I ate, I felt blessed. This was the best food I've eaten in a long time. I took some for my family, thanked Y/n and her grandma for the food, said goodbye to Heeseung and left. When I got home, my family were really pleased with the food I brought home. I went upstairs and thought a bit. Why did I feel weird hanging out with Y/n? Not weird in a bad way, but weird in a confusing way. I felt like a bunch of butterflies were having a party in my stomach. I then decided to go to my sister for advice. She'd probably know.

"Okay, I'll tell you, BUT on one condition. You have to-" she smiled, making me scoff.

"You're so annoying, just tell me!" I replied.

"Okay fine! You have a crush on her! Happy? Now, leave me alone" my eyes widened hearing those words. I guess that means she's the first person I've had a crush on.

"I have a crush on her?" I wondered out loud.

"Oh my gosh, Sunoo, you're so clueless! Yes you have a crush on her! Crushes wear off after a bit anyway, don't worry" I nodded, she was probably right. I would lose my feelings for her eventually. Right?

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎: 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎- 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 😭 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚑 𝚋𝚢𝚎 𝚒𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚕