6 ✰

Heeseung pov:

I woke up to a bright sun shining onto my eyes. I squinted and looked around. Wow, Eunji's room looks terrible without furniture in it. I actually only had a bed with an old mattress on it, an old pillow, and a blanket that Y/n had stuffed in her closet. It took ages to convince her that I should even have a blanket. I walked downstairs expecting to see her and my grandma talking, but neither were anywhere to be seen. I decided to check the time.

"9:55?!" I said out loud. No wonder Y/n wasn't here, she'd already started class by now.

I grabbed some cereal and ate my breakfast. I was still wondering where my grandma went. Even if she was in class, I decided to text her and ask.

"Hey, where did grandma go?" I pressed send and waited for a response. This was gonna take ages.

"Idk ask Sunghoon? His number's on the fridge in case we ever forget it" she messaged back 5 minutes later.

I decided to check the number on the fridge and dialled it.

"Hello? If this is a kid trying to prank me then I suggest you don't for your own safety-" I interrupted him.

"No, I'm not a prank caller. Uhm, I'm Y/n's cousin, I was wondering where my grandma went? If you know, that is" I said.

"Oh yeah, uh she went to the store to get some stuff, I'll take her home. Don't worry" I sighed of relief hearing that.

"Okay, thank you! Bye" I hung up, and scrolled through my contacts. I found my mother's contact and tried to call her again. Maybe she changed her number..? Surely she wouldn't ghost her own son, right?

I sighed once it took me to voicemail again. There was no way she was going to answer me anytime soon. All I can do is act like I'm not bothered by it and move on with my life. I mean, that's what Y/n did right? She looks happy enough these days. I walked up to the room I stayed in, and took out my laptop. I should probably start doing these online classes before I procrastinate it till last minute. An hour later, I heard the front door open. That must've been that Sunghoon guy and my grandma. I took my laptop and went downstairs, to greet them.

"Oh.. I didn't realise that you were the cousin" Sunghoon said, judging me.

"Uhm, yeah, I am. There's no need to be mad at me, It's not my fault that my parents cared so much about how I did and bragged about it okay?" I sort of yelled, he wasn't even in our family, who was he to judge me?

"Dude, chill. I don't need your whole life story, I get it. Just that you gave my girlfriend and her sister, which I consider my own sister as well, a really hard time. You'll definitely need to build up those relationships" He replied, taking out some food from the bags they'd brought.

"Yeah, I will. I'll head upstairs to continue my assignments, bye" I went back upstairs without helping. I wasn't really in the mood, but also, my assignments aren't just gonna complete themselves.

After a few more hours went by, the front door opened again. I assumed it was Y/n. Suddenly, my door opened.

"Hey, I'm back! Aren't you gonna say hi to me or anything?" Y/n said as she invited herself into the room.

"Damn, this room needs some serious redecorating!" She exclaimed as she looked around.

"What's up with you?" She asked, sitting down on the bed next to me.

"I don't know... I've just been thinking about what that Sunghoon guy said to me a few minutes ago-" she interrupted me before I could finish.

"I see you've finally met him! But, one thing, he left hours ago" she raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I didn't notice how quickly the time went past I guess- can I continue without your interruptions?" I asked, to which she nodded.

"Well, he told me that I'll have to work hard to build up my relationships with you and Eunji. I think he meant you and Eunji? Anyway, I can't reach her at all. I mean, I don't even know if you forgive me yet, what are the chances she's gonna forgive me?" I wondered.

"Hey, don't overthink it! You're not that bad, you've definitely gotten better. Plus, it's not your fault my parents did all that. You can't control what they did. I guess it made me feel bad about myself when you bragged and stuff, but I forgive you for acting that way. It is kinda like you said, you were used to the bragging because that's how your parents raised you" she reassured me, making me smile. I've never actually heard that kind of thing from someone, and I definitely wasn't expecting it from Y/n, the cousin who really didn't seem to like me.

"Thanks, that made me feel way better" I said, smiling at her.

After that, she left to go to her room. Even if she forgave me, that didn't mean anyone else did. After I finished this damn assignment, I would call Eunji.

After I finished, I submitted it. My first thought was to grab my phone and call Eunji. The time where she was would've been 6am and Y/n told me that Eunji usually wakes up at 8am, so she wouldn't be awake. I decided to text her a whole paragraph instead, since she would be busy in the morning anyway.

"Hey Eunji. I know this is a bit weird but I just wanted to apologise for how hard I've made your life for the past years. I recently got kicked out of my house and I'm staying with Y/n and grandma. It's kinda hard for me right now. I understand if you can't forgive me, but I promise I've changed. I know the last time I saw you I acted like a jerk, but I was really influenced by my parents and it was hard not to. I'm sorry if it sounds a bit weird or random, but I'm sorry. If we don't talk again, then have a great day :)" I hesitantly pressed send, and turned off my phone.

After food, I headed to sleep. I checked my phone and saw a notification from Eunji. I smiled as I saw it.

"That's alright, I forgive you! It's not weird, you did a good thing. I completely understand your situation tbh sorry you're going through a hard time, I'm here if you wanna talk :)"

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎: 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢? 😭 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚌 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘 𝚘𝚗 𝙰𝙽𝚈𝚆𝙰𝚈 𝚃𝚈𝚂𝙼 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁, 𝙱𝚈𝙴𝙴