Chapter 2: Tour

Catrina

My eyes flutter open I groan in pleasure at the nice plush mattress under me. Mattress...a real mattress. I push my body up feeling a little more energized and stronger than normal. Panic sets in my mind and I jump out of the bed my first thought is dungeon but that's not it's. It's a room with green sheets. The room was nicely decorated but not to personalized.
I jump up out of the bed and rush to the door swinging it open I am met with an even bigger room it had stone walls and floors. Just a small bar area and a brown leather couch. When I turn around looking for some stairs I am met with a very tan chest.
   "Good morning sunshine" I take a few steps back and look up at his face and smile.
"Where am I?" I point a question look at him.
"That's the first think you say, I saved your ass and I don't even get a thank you" he gets a goofy grin on his face before walking to a side table and grabs a white button down shirt putting it on.
"Thank you" a silence passes between us and I watch him button up the shirt "now where am I?"
"Your in Hayden's Gate" thanks that explains so much.
"Hayden's gate? I have never heard of that place before."
"Why would you, you're just some village thief" his smile never leaves his lips.
"Yeah just a thief" little dose he know
"You fools Alice you know. You have a secret your hiding something and I plan to figure it out one way or another."
"How dare you I am not hiding anything." He smiles plopping down on the couch and kicking up his feet. I look down and it's at this moment I realize I'm not in my dress "where did my clothes go" I'm in pajama pants and an oversized sweater.
"What happened who changed" my heart begins to thump out of control. I am drowning in the fabric.
"Don't worry I didn't change you Alice did she was trying to change cuts" he waves his hand over the stairs "when your ready everyone is upstairs waiting to see you"

    I nod and he gets up making his way up the stairs I follow close behind him. "Well boss here she is" the room which is clearly a kitchen just had Alice and another guard. Unlike Lawrence this guard is in head to toe gear even a metal mask covering his face.
   I give a small wave "you're finally awake I was so worried" The woman Alice smiles at me with kind eyes. I haven't felt that warm feeling in so long. The eyes of someone who genuinely cares.
   "Your Alice right" my voice is a little drier than I intended but I have to make it work.
   "Yes and unfortunately I never got the pleasure of getting your name"
   "Cat...well Catrina"
   "Catrina" Lawrence behind me repeates like he is suspicious of it. The guard next to Alice stiffes
    "It's nice to meet you Catrina" she waves her hand over to Lawrence behind me "you already know Lawrence"
"Yes yes she dose" Lawrence says before walking over to the counters and pulling out objects to make a sandwich.
"This is BE or blue eyes. He is my head guard and a good friends" the man next to her dose a small nod before making his way out of the room all three of them look at each other. "That was weird..."
"That's so strange do you have any clue on why he has been acting weird" Lawrence looks between the door and Alice.
"No clue he has been acting weird since we got back from the village"
"Is it because I'm here I mean I don't mean to intrude if he is uncomfortable-" I try to rationalize his actions.
"Don't let it get to you, he is always shy" Alice says with a smile. A man in a jacket enters the room. He has long hair and a mysterious look to him. Something dangerous hides behind his eyes. "Oh great timing this is Bellamy"
"Hi" that's it all he said was hi. I reach out to shake his hand but he doesn't take it.
"I'm Catrina" I try smiling but an awkward silence cuts through the air. He takes my hand and shakes it even though I can tell he doesn't really want to.
   "Don't pop a vein bellamy the girl is just trying to be polite" Lawrence snickers over his sandwich. Bellamy turns to him with glaring eyes like this isn't the first time Lawrence has teased him.
    "Just because I'm trying to be nice doesn't mean you get to stand over there and be a dick"
Bellamy snaps back at him sending mean eyes his way.
    "I'm not being a dick bell"
"Stop calling me that" I look over at Alice who just rolls her eyes at these two boys. Guessing this is just how they act.
"Aw is little bell gonna be madddd"
" I swear to God, I will cut you you little flirty bastard" Bellamy's eyes don't look like they're joking and when he grabs his sword from his side, catrina steps back slightly worried.
"Ay bud listen we can talk about this" Lawrence back away from his sandwich still holding the butter knife. Bellamy just smirks his fear.
"Mmmhum what do you want me to listen to" his voice was low and threatening. Lawrence Stark backing away to the front door.
" we haven't done this in a long time old man" Lawrence smiles, pulling his own sword from his holster.
" perfect maybe I can knock some sense into you" before Catrina knows that Lawrence opened the front door and sprints out. Bellamy starts to follow, but Alice's voice him.
" play nice take it easy on him" he gives Alice a lopsided grin, which is the first time I've seen him smile since he entered the room.
" only for you" and with that he was running out of the room, chasing Lawrence like a maniac. Outside of the window, I could see them faintly running around.
"sorry about that they're two grown men yet they fight like brothers. Lawrence will be back soon to give you a tour of the village." Alice walks over, grabbing some water and setting the glass on the counter in front of Catrina.
" does that happen often?" I raise the glass to my mouth drinking the fresh water. It tasted like heaven.
" oh yeah, all the time Lawrence loves to get under peoples skin. He just pushes Bellamy too far. Most people could ignore him, but Bellamy is a whole different case."
" I have brothers I understand they used to fight like dogs" Alice is bright, smile, flickers a little, something in her eyes change even if it was only for a second.