Extended chapter: our demons

Ambrose
   These last three months have been some of the hardest times of my life. Something needs to give I can't keep watching Katrina destroy herself over the Lawrence situation.
  " glad you could join me Zane"
  " glad you invited me" he looks around suspiciously before taking a seat at my kitchen table " is there any reason you waited this long to invite me over to your house?"
  " you know what you've done that should be enough explanation"  he nods in agreement.
  " fair enough so why now"
  " let's say this is a starting over, to rekindle our brother bond I think it's best for everyone, including Catrina"
  " well go ahead"
  " I know you're not crazy I know you seeing Maxwell isn't to do with your mental state"
  " everyone else really doesn't believe me about it. Why do you believe me?"
  " because I've seen him, I've seen him since he died"  Zane's smile fades as he eyes me suspiciously.
  " you've seen Maxwell before"
  " yes but it stopped about a year and a half ago"
" that's when it started for me..." he pauses for a moment studying my face suspiciously "so you think whenever I caught you in Rolana this demon switched from you to me trying to get us to open the gates of hell?"
  " exactly but I don't think it's a demon"
" then what do you think?"
" I think it's the devil and for some reason, he's after our family"