15. THROUGH THE WINDOW

~Hidden~

Atlanta throws the small dagger at the window, causing the glass to shatter and fall to the ground. Gusts fly into the room, and Atlanta somehow retrieves her dagger. She takes another glance at the unconscious queen, before finally turning away from the queen. Atlanta then places her dagger on the ground. "Let's go."

I look through the window, the one I have always been using to see the world. Now we'd be going through it. I... haven't been outside in forever. I forgot the feeling of a breeze, or the warmth of the sunlight on a sunny day.

The boy gets out first, and lends a hand to help me leave as well. I take it with my good hand. We wait for Atlanta to help her, although I honestly don't think she needs it.

Atlanta helps herself out the window. Her eyes tentatively scan her surroundings, as her gaze bounced from grass to grass, tree to tree, rock to rock. Atlanta spoke no words for a moment, as her eyes began to grow accustomed to her surroundings. Atlanta, after that moment, then asks, "Where are we going?"

"I can lead you back to my house," The boy replied. before he mumbled to himself, "If it is still there."

He stares off into the distance, where I imagine his home to be. It can't be much. It might not even be his home, and just a place he squats in. All homes here are run-down, except for the Queen's home, which was a government building.

Before answering the boy, Atlanta first asked another question, "What are your names?"

I scurry my way up the roof, and beckon for the others to follow. Just so the guards don't see us by the window. The now, broken window.

"I'm Hidden," I whisper. I laugh to myself at how well my strange name fits me.

Now thinking of it, I have no idea who really named me. I never knew my parents, and I know my... late brother would rather give me a more traditional name if he were to name me.

Perhaps it is just a nickname I picked up, while doing what I do best. Hiding.

I turn to the boy next to me. I wonder what name he has. I remember someone telling me that names are a way we can give a hint of who we are to the world.

"I like that name, it's unique," He tells me, "I am Musaraigne, but I just go by Mus. It is a way I can honor my twin sister,"

"Awe, that's sweet. Is she at your house?" I say.

He shakes his head, "No. She's dead."

"Oh." Shoot. Good job, me. "I'm so sorry,"

"It's okay," Mus shrugs. He changes his demeanor, and turns to Atlanta, "You're Atlanta, right?"

Atlanta nods. "Yes, that's right. I am Atlanta. I... wante to apologize to you, Musaraigne, about my past behaviors towards you, as Kawasumi. I'm... not asking for forgiveness, as even if I've been brainwashed by that former friend of mine, at the core, I'm still Atlanta. Thus, I guess now I'm a murderer, so I don't expect forgiveness, and I don't dare to ask for it. I am sorry for how cruel I was to you when we encountered each other." Atlanta apologizes, her tone full of remorse. She pauses for a moment before continuing. After taking a breath, Atlanta turned to Hidden,

"And, I also wish to say my apologies to you. Over the time of which I was 'Kawasumi,' I harmed you time and time again. I apologize for all of what I've done to harm you. Like my situation with Musaraigne, I don't expect forgiveness from you, and I don't dare to be bothersome in such that I plead for it. Like I said before, I'm a murderer now, please don't waste your feelings on me. I can't reconcile for what I've done." The moment the final words of her apologies to them left her mouth, she appeared... a bit relieved in some way. As if though some weight has been taken off her shoulders, even if it wasn't much. Atlanta then smiled a genuine smile, before her gaze dropped again.

He nods at her and closes his eyes. Mus seems a bit ticked off. I smile back at her. I am happy she feels more relieved, but truly a little upset along with Mus.

"It's alright, I get it, and I forgive you." I don't really get it, but the world is crazy as it is. Best to just move on. If she does.. snap, well, I really don't have anything to loose.

I look back at Mus, who nods again in agreement. I don't think he likes being called "Musaraigne." Sure, being addressed by your dead sister's name is a bit off, but I am also sire he has his reasons. We should call him by what he likes to be called by.

"Er, I think Mus likes to be called Mus. Not Musaraigne." I say.

I am surprised by how much more confident I have grown. I don't really understand why this happened — I went from being some servant to a psychopath's pet. Maybe loosing loved ones made me just not really care about what happens. If my words offend someone, again, I don't have much to loose.

"If thats what you wish to be addressed by, I'm sorry then, Mus." Atlanta apologizes yet again, "and... thank you, Hidden and Mus."

"Thank you," Mus murmurs to us.

There is a loud bang from down below. Then some bickering; some shouting. Another bang.

"Maybe we should get going?" I advise, not really wanting to stay on this building anymore. "Mus, which way is your house?"

"This way," He says quickly, and points towards the North. North is where Breeze Tribe used to be, I wonder if he is from there.

He slides down the roof, and hits the gutter at the bottom with another bang. Mus waves for us to come. Down the drop, a couple balconies dart from building to building. I believe he sees that as a way down.

Atlanta swiftly follows behind Mus, and lands down approximately two meters away from him.

I'm glad we are on the ground now. I just have to wonder how we are supposed to escape the rest of the way. The guards will easily recognize myself and Mus. Everyone knows who Kawasumi is, even if Atlanta is no longer Kawasumi.

"What now?" I ask.

Mus seems lost on what to do. Reality hits us all. We are stuck.

"Let's go around the back of the buildings. I know a route that should take us to the countryside."

Everyone agrees on this. The rest of our journey is pretty quiet. The allies rank of all sorts of dead things, from food, bugs, to small critters, to even a couple people. I believe I now know where Her Majesty threw the bodies of the rule breakers. This place does also serve as a warning: Do not disrespect the Queen