Chapter 15 | Please Teach me Latin

As Carlisle revealed the contents of Ashley's mother's letter, Ashley felt a flood of emotions welling up inside her. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but she fought to keep them at bay, unwilling to let her vulnerability show.

"Carlisle?" Ashley's voice trembled slightly as she addressed him, her heart heavy with the weight of the revelation.

"Yes, Ashley?" Carlisle replied, his tone gentle and reassuring.

"Please, teach me Latin. I need to know how to read my mother's book," Ashley pleaded, her desperation evident in her voice.

But Carlisle hesitated, a knowing glint in his eyes as he considered Ashley's request. "I don't think that would be necessary," he finally replied, his voice tinged with a hint of amusement.

Confusion clouded Ashley's features as she stared at Carlisle, unable to comprehend his words. "But Carlisle, please, I want to be able to read it," she persisted, her determination unwavering.

Carlisle let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head slightly. "I meant that it won't be necessary for me to teach you Latin," he clarified, a smile playing at the corners of his lips.

Ashley's brow furrowed in confusion. "I don't understand, what do you mean?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

"It's a witch thing, Ashley," Carlisle explained, his gaze meeting hers with unwavering certainty. "Your powers have just started to reveal themselves. Soon, you will be able to speak fluent Latin without even having to practice. It will come naturally to you, as if it's your first language."

Ashley's eyes widened in shock at Carlisle's revelation. "Really?" she breathed, her disbelief evident in her voice.

"Yes, really. Why would I ever lie to you about that kind of stuff?" Carlisle replied, his tone gentle but firm.

"I don't know, it just seems too good to be true," Ashley admitted, her mind reeling with the implications of Carlisle's words.

"But it's still true," Carlisle reassured her, his voice filled with conviction.

As Ashley processed Carlisle's words, a sense of wonder and excitement began to bubble up inside her. The realization that she possessed innate magical abilities filled her with a newfound sense of purpose and determination.

With a grateful smile, Ashley turned to Carlisle, her eyes shining with newfound resolve. "Thank you, Carlisle. I don't know what I would do without you," she said sincerely.

Carlisle returned her smile, his own eyes twinkling with pride. "You're welcome, Ashley. And remember, I'll always be here to guide you, every step of the way."

🌺🌼🌺🌼

What do you think will happen?
Will Ashley be able to read her mothers book?
What will Ashley find out if she will read the book?
Does Ashley want to know all of her mothers secrets?
Will Ashley find out who her real parents are?
Let me know what you think :)

Please vote for this chapter and I hope you have a great day!