Chapter 24 | The Morning After

As the morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, Ashley stirred from her slumber, the remnants of sleep slowly dissipating from her mind. Carlisle was out hunting, leaving Ashley to her own devices for the time being.

After finishing her breakfast, Ashley made her way back to Carlisle's room, her mind buzzing with thoughts and plans for the day ahead. She rummaged through her bag, selecting an outfit that suited her mood—a black crop top, a pair of brown pants, and some sleek black boots.

🌺🌼🌺🌼

(shirt = 2) (pants = B) (shoes = black boots)

🌺🌼🌺🌼

With her outfit chosen, Ashley settled at Carlisle's desk, her diary open before her. As a witch, she understood the importance of documenting her experiences and progress in her craft. Writing in her diary allowed her to track her spells, potions, dreams, and other important information about her life.

With a quill in hand, Ashley began to write, her words flowing effortlessly onto the page in the ancient language of Latin. The act of writing in her diary felt like second nature to her, a ritual that connected her to her magical heritage and helped her to stay grounded amidst the chaos of the supernatural world.

As she poured her thoughts onto the page, Ashley felt a sense of peace wash over her. In her diary, she found solace and clarity, a sanctuary where she could explore the depths of her magic and reflect on her journey as a witch. And as she continued to write, she knew that her diary would serve as a valuable tool in her quest for knowledge and power.

🌺🌼🌺🌼

Diary

🌺🌼🌺🌼

🌺🌼🌺🌼

Carlisle entered his office, his footsteps echoing softly against the polished floors. As he stepped inside, he caught sight of Ashley, seated at his desk, engrossed in writing in her diary. The sight of her, bathed in the soft glow of the morning light, filled his heart with warmth.

Ashley glanced up as she sensed Carlisle's presence, a soft smile gracing her lips. With a gentle motion, she closed her diary and rose from her seat, her eyes brightening with affection as she moved to greet him.

Carlisle returned Ashley's smile, his own features softening with love as he opened his arms to welcome her embrace. As she wrapped her arms around him, he pulled her close, savoring the warmth of her touch and the comforting weight of her against him.

Leaning down, Carlisle pressed a tender kiss to the top of Ashley's head, his lips lingering against her hair as they stood entwined in each other's embrace. Time seemed to stand still as they held each other close, finding solace and reassurance in the simple act of being together.

For six precious minutes, they stood there, lost in the quiet intimacy of their embrace, the world outside fading into insignificance. In that moment, there was only the two of them, bound together by an unbreakable bond of love and devotion.

As they finally parted, Carlisle brushed a gentle kiss against Ashley's forehead, his heart overflowing with gratitude for the woman who had brought light and love into his life. With a whispered promise to return soon, he left the office, knowing that no matter where life may take them, their love would always be their anchor in the storm.