Courage and True Love

Sanem looked down at their joined hands and smiled. When she looked up into his eyes, shining with love, Can had just one thought.

Mine. 

She's mine and I'm never letting her go.

Suddenly, the Aydins, Divits, Furkans and Stevens were all making their way over to them, each with very different expressions on their faces.

When they were all almost to the couple that was garnering so much attention, the official photographer for the event assumed they must be someone really important and hurried over as well.

May I take your picture and have your names, please, for the event coverage? he asked, looking at them intently.

Can looked down at Sanem to see how she felt about it and when she nodded her head and smiled, he answered, Can Divit and this is Sanem Aydin of Fikri Harika.

Oh! I know your grandfather well, the photographer said to Sanem. Care to comment on your status? I don't want to assume anything. Or do you just work together?

All of the families were within earshot at this point.

Sanem looked up at Can lovingly. Without taking her eyes off of him, she answered, Can is my beloved. My boyfriend.

Can looked down at her and smiled, pulling her closer to him, his heart doing a double flip.

She had said it loud enough so that her grandparents and the Stevens heard, as she turned and locked eyes with her grandfather who stopped mid-stride at the announcement.

Julian had left earlier in a furious huff, the second he understood what his parents and Baris had been plotting, telling them how embarrassed they had made him.

The Aydins and Divits all stopped and smiles broke out on their faces, overjoyed by the declaration.

Sanem and Can posed happily for picture after picture until the photographer thanked them, saying before he left, You two make a gorgeous couple by the way!

What is the meaning of this, Sanem? Baris hissed, keeping his voice low enough for only them to hear when he was sure the photographer was gone.

But she didn't have time to answer because Nehat walked up to them and said, Baris, that is my daughter you're talking to. Unless you want that photographer to come back because of the scandal that's about to be made here, I suggest you and your guests walk away.

Baris was floored. 

Nehat had never spoken to him like that before, but concerned that he would make good on his threat, he started to walk away.

Adam Stevens was furious. 

Baris, you mean to tell me that you're not going to put a stop to this? Who is this man? What about our business deal? If Julian and Sanem aren't going to get married, you can believe that the deal is off! he thundered, taking his wife by the hand as she looked around apologetically.