Confessions and Scary Moments

Leyla, here is this week's reports and I've rescheduled your lunch with EK Affiliates to next Tuesday at noon. Is there anything else I can do for you? Emre asked, his face getting closer to hers as he spoke.

Hearing her breath hitch, he smiled knowing he had caused that.

N-no, Emre, thank you so much, she replied, hoping she didn't sound as breathless as she felt.

Looking around to make sure no one could see them, he leaned in closer as if looking over her shoulder at something she had in her hands.

Are you sure there isn't anything else I can do for you, Leyla? he said quietly near her ear.

She knew what he was doing. A little daring right here in the office, she thought. But two could play at that game.

Sitting back in her chair, causing her long ponytail to brush the backs of his hands that were gripping her chair, she answered, What did you have in mind, Mr. Divit?

She slowly turned those big blue eyes in his direction above her, having the exact effect she knew it would. He had told her the night of the conference what they did to him. Rendered him speechless. With the memory of that kiss, that perfect kiss, she smiled a big toothy smile and heard when he held his breath.

I, I was hoping we could have dinner together. Soon. Tonight, he stammered, inhaling her perfume that made him feel intoxicated.

What's wrong, Mr. Divit? You don't look so well, she teased, turning now to fully face him.

Closing his eyes, he asked, What is that perfume you are wearing?

Something Sanem made for me. Why? Do you like it? she whispered.

Nodding vigorously, Very, very much, he answered, then straightened to his full height when Cey Cey came to the door and knocked.

She cleared her throat and said loudly for Cey Cey's benefit, Emre that all sounds good. Thank you so much.

Emre exhaled and nodded to Cey Cey, internally cursing his wretched timing.

Sitting at his desk, he shot a text to Can.

Emre:

Did you know that Sanem makes perfumes??

Can:

I did. She made me one recently. And she wears a signature one of her own creation. Why?

Emre:

Well, she made one for Leyla and I don't think I can function properly anymore.

Emre could hear Can's laughter from his desk. Leaning back and seeing Can nodding at him, letting him know that he understood his dilemma completely.

_________________

Deren gathered the team in the big conference room to work together on a new project. She needed all hands on deck for a few hours, she had said in her email.

While the editors, illustrators and graphics team worked, Sanem was concentrating on her part of the project. Can was on the other side of the big conference table near the bookshelves.

He caught glimpses of her as she concentrated on her work. He had gotten up to make more tea when he saw her, unaware of the tornado she was causing inside his heart. She had an otherworldly quality about her. 

And, oh my...what was she doing with that pen??

what was she doing with that pen??