||7||

DAMIAN was talking to Clove and Marvel while Marcus was laying on the ground asleep, he'd been feeling odd since the tracker jacker stings. Marvel suddenly poked up slightly, he points into the distance.

"Smoke!" Marvel says as he grabbed his spear, Clove and Damian turned their heads to indeed see smoke. The two district two tributes stand up and grab their weapons.

"Stay here district three, guard are stuff and Marcus." Damian demands before running off with the other two. The three make it to the fire just to see a pile of branches burning, Damian glances around but he saw nobody. "They must have ran off." Marvel said. 

"Or it was a set up to-" Damian was cut off by a sound of an explosion, "throw us off..." He completes his sentance before running towards the cornucopia. Clove and Marvel follow him as they hurry to their supplies. When they arrive everything is destroyed, it was all blown up. 

"What the hell happened?" Damian asks the district three boy who pleads that he didn't do anything wrong. Damian stabs him with the sword before turning to the others, "Is Marcus okay?"

Clove nodded as Marvel headed off to figure out who blew up everything. Damian follows behind Marvel but he kept a distance. Marvel spots Rue and Katniss so he threw his spear but missed Katniss. Damian's eye widened at he saw the twelve year old stare at the spear with wide eyes. Damian went over to Marvel and slammed him against a tree, "Are you kidding me a twelve year old!?" The young Hadley exclaims. 

"I-i meant to hit Katniss," Marvel stutters, Damian grabbed his sword and stabbed the district one tribute with it. Damian rushes to the young, dying girl. He kneels next to Katniss who was holding Rue close to her.

"I'm so sorry Katniss..." Damian mumbles before looking at Rue, "Can you look at me?" he asks and the girl's eyes dart to him. Tears were in her eyes due to fear, Damian reaches for her hand and holds it.

"Am I going to die?" Rue asks the blonde career. Damian chuckles softly, "No of course not. You're going to a world that's better than this one." 

The young girl smiles weakly at Damian, "You're nice, I like you." he chuckles at the compliment, "You're nice as well." he says, he glances at Katniss who had Rue's head in her lap. 

"Damian!" They can hear Clove scream from a distance, she sounded like she was in pain. "I should go," Damian stands up before looking at Rue one last time before running off to where Clove's scream was heard. 

"Clove?" Damian asks as he sees Clove on the ground, holding her arm. He rushes net to her and holds her to him, "What happened?"

"It's Marcus. He's attacking us." Clove says, "He cut my arm." she winces slightly as Damian looks around for Marcus. While he was looking someone tackles him down, he looks at the figure to see Marcus who looked furious. 

"Marcus, what are you doing?" Damian asks as he dodges Marcus's attacks. Marcus charges at him with a knife but Damian dodges. "Being a career." Marcus snaps. The sweet, innocent boy that Damian knew was now a violent and furious man. Marcus attacks Damian again with the knife, cutting his chest.

"We're friends though!" Damian exclaims as he slams Marcus into the cornucopia. The Odair stumbles back slightly before holding his head. His head shoots back at Damian, his eyes narrow in a deadly glare. He tackles Damian down in attempt to strangle him but Clove stepped in a flung Marcus off of her best friend. Marcus snarled and charges at Clove this time, he lifts his knife to stab her. Damian pulls his sword out and hits the knife out of Marcus, the pain in his chest stung due to the cut. Marcus looks up at Damian with anger, Marcus kicks the sword out of his hand and punches Damian in the nose. 

The blonde tribute stumbles back before falling to the ground. Damian looks up at Marcus who was holding his sword. "Bye bye district two." Marcus smirks before lifting the sword and stabbing Damian in the stomach repeatedly. 

Damian falls onto his back as his vision got blurry, all he could hear was Clove and Marcus fighting. He puts his hand on his stomach and looks at his hand only to see blood. His head tilts back and his eyes close tightly.

***

Damian eyes finally open again, he looks at his surroundings to see he was in a cave. He feels someone touching the side of his face, he looks at the figure to see Clove.

"Clove?" Dames asks as he sits up slightly, he looks around but he didn't see the district four boy. "Where is Marcus?" the black haired girl looks up at him with a slight glare which was her normal facial expression, "He's dead."

"Why? What happened?" The brown eyed boy asked, looking at his best friend, he notices a cut on her forehead which was bleeding. "Well after he stabbed you, I began to fight him. He lost the fight." Clove explains, he processes her words for a moment before nodding. "Okay." Damian's yes go back to the cut on her forehead.

"We should bandage that up before it gets infected," He says but she refuses help. "No it's fine." she claims but he glares at her. "Stop being stubborn for once and accept my help." he says before grabbing his backpack and looking through it. "I'm not stubborn."

"Yes you are." He replies to her comment, she rolls her eyes as he applies a bandage on her forehead. He leans against the cave wall and stares at his stomach, a huge bandage was wrapped around it and it was clear water has cleaned to wound. 

"Do you think the act is still on?" She asks, looking at him. He raises a brow, "What act?"

"Nevermind." She mumbles, they sit there in silence when a beeping is heard. Damain creeps outside of the cave and grabs the beeping noise. It was a sponsor. He opens it to reveal two bottles off water, he looks at the note Remus had put on there.

'Kiss her for the lovers act.' - R. 

Damian looks at Clove before his cheeks get hot, he shakes his head nad walks back over to Clove. He sits back down next to her and hands her a water. She takes the bottle before asking, "What'd the note say?" 

"What note?" He asks, his face heating up again. "You know, the note that comes with every sponsor?" She asks once more. "Not familiar." He claims. She rolls her eyes and walks to the empty pod that way lying on the ground. She grabs the note and reads it. "Oh..." She says as her face turns red. 

Damn you Remus, that's all that Clove was thinking for a second. Damian doesn't look at Clove instead he just awkwardly looks around the room. "W-well he is our mentor...our job is to listen to  him." Clove blurts out. He looks at her, "What?" 

"Not that I want to kiss you!" She exclaims, shaking her head, "I mean since our mentor told us to, we should do it..." she mumbles. He stares at her with shock before nodding.

"Yeah since Remus told us to, we should do it...for the act!" Damian agrees. Clove takes a deep breath before walking over to him. Her cheeks grow even redder when their eyes lock in contact. "Just one kiss." Damian says, "Nothing mo-" he's cut off by a pair of lips meeting his. He goes along with the kiss which is short and sweet. They pull away from each other to process what just happened.

"I am never doing that again." Clove says and Damian agrees, "Never."

Suddenly the speakers turn on, "Tributes. The acquirment for one victor has been suspended." It was Seneca's voice, "Two victors may be crowned if both duos originate from the same district." "This will be the only annoucement." 

"Two victors? When has this ever happened?" Damian asks, looking at the roof of the cave. "Does it matter?" Clove asks, "We can go home together!" she wraps her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He hugs back but he seems unsure about the situation. Damian sits down on the ground as he notices the sunset. Clove lays down to fall asleep while he stares at the sunset, he loved the color orange but not any orange. 

Sunset Orange.

A/n: So I don't know yet if Clove is gonna live or die, I haven't decided but if she lives the she lives ig. - Dray :)