||8||

DAMIAN was still awake as he stares at the night sky. Clove was laying next to him asleep, he looks towards her and smiled. He leans his head on the cave wall, he closes his eyes to fall asleep but an announcement is heard. 

"Tributes, tomorrow a feast will be prepared for you. It will be filled of stuff you need." It was Seneca again. Damian sighs as he looked at Clove again, he smiled again but it was more joyful and happy. He lays down next to her and closes his eyes again, this time he fell asleep. 

***

Damian woke up and was sitting next to Clove as she still slept. He poked her shoulder to  wake her up. She wakes up and slowly sits up, her head slowly turns towards him as she rubs her eyes.  

"So at the cornucopia, they're is a bag for us. It has supplies we need." Damian says, he goes to get up but Clove stops him. "You stay." 

"Why?" He asks, as he raises a brow. "You're injured." She says as if she were his mother. He rolls his eyes, "Can I stay nearby? In case something happens?" He asks, Clove sighs before nodding. The two get up from the ground and begin heading towards the cornucopia. 

"So if I see Katniss do I kill her?" Clove asks him, he thinks for a moment before nodding, "Give them a show if you do though."

"Just yell for me if anyone attacks you." Damian says, he holds her arm for a moment before watching her walk away. He heads somewhere into the forest to find tributes but he's not far from the cornucopia. He twirls his sword around in his hand, he glances around but he doesn't see anything. 

***

Clove was at the cornucopia, fighting with Katniss. She attempted to stab Katniss but she failed since Katniss dodged her attacks. The two girls wrestle on the ground for a while, Clove attempts stabbing her again but fails. After a while Clove was able to pin Katniss to the ground, Clove stares at Katniss in a creepy way before speaking, "Where's lover boy?"

Katniss tries to get out of Clove's grasp but fails, Clove sticks the knife to Katniss's neck. "You were gonna help him, right?" Clove smirks widely, "Too bad you'll be killed before you get the chance." 

Katniss tries to fight against Clove once more before just staring up at her, "Damey said I can kill you, as long as I give them a show." Clove mocks slightly while she still has a smirk on her face. "And now we're gonna kill you just like we killed your friend, what was her name? Rue?" Clove lifts up the knife but she's pulled off of Katniss and slammed against the cornucopia. It was Thresh. 

"You kill her!?" Thresh asks with an angry voice, he held Clove tightly against the cornucopia. "No! No!" Clove spoke truthfully as she shook her head, she wasn't the one who actually killed Rue. Rue's murderer was already killed by Damian. 

"I heard you!" Thresh exclaims as Clove begins screaming for Damian, "DAMIAN! DAMIAN!" she screeches for help. "CLOVE!" Katniss can hear Damian's voice in the distance but she doesn't know if he'll make it in time. Thresh slams Clove against the cornucopia until she drops to the ground, that's when a sword hits Thresh from behind. Thresh looks at the the attacker and it was Damian, "You brought this on yourself!" He stabs Thresh in the chest with the sword.

Katniss runs off into the woods with her district's bag. Damian stares at Clove who was laying on the ground, motionless. He drops his sword and kneels next to her, he holds her in his arms. "Clove?" He mumbles as he shakes her. He checks her pulse which was pretty low, he hovers his ear above her mouth to hear if she's still breathing. 

She was, barely though. He thinks for a moment before leaning down and giving her cpr. When he pulls away he just holds her and waits for her to wake up. He wipes the blood off of her head before her eyes bat open. She sits up and stares at him, fear was still seen in her eyes. He tackles her into a tight hug, she hugs him back tightly. Tears were falling down his face, it's the first time he has cried in the games. "You're okay..." He squeezes her tightly. He pulls away from her and helps her off the ground. "I thought I was gonna die..." She mumbles as they walk back to the cave, their district's bag on Damian's back. "I got your back," He nudges her, "You're my best friend since childhood." 

"Yeah," She nods as they walk, she reaches for his hand and grasps it. He doesn't bother to say anything about it, he just continues walking. They reach the cave and sit down, Clove put her knees to her chest and the two sat there in awkward silence. 

"Thanks for the save back there..." Clove speaks up, he nods in response before sitting in silence again. Clove looks at him and notices a cut on his cheek, it was bleeding so drops of blood slowly fall from his cheek. "You're bleeding," She says as she crawls next to him, she wipes his cheek but the bleeding is still going. "It's fine," He mutters as he rubs his eyes, she shakes her head as digs through their bag for some sort of bandage. She finds one and places it on his cut, he looks at her before smiling slightly. She smiles back, he rests against the wall before letting a sigh out. 

"I can't believe I almost lost you..." He comments before his eyes land on her, she lets a breath out she didn't know she was holding in. "Well good thing you didn't." Clove responds, she leans forward and hugs him again. He hugs back and closes his eyes, he couldn't lose her. He's not risking her like he did with Marcus, he's determined to win with her. She pulls away slightly as so does he, they both stare at each other for a moment before she leans in slightly. He moves his face away before anything could happen, "We should get some rest." 

"Yeah we should..." She nods as if she wasn't burning with embarrassment, the two lay down and fall asleep for the night.