||9||

(EROS GATAKI PORTRAYED BY BRANDON FLYNN)

DAMIAN woke up, he saw Clove was already awake. "Hey," She said before standing up, he nodded his head to her before standing up as well. He scratched his head, "We should to the cornucopia, to get supplies." Damian said, he looked at her and they locked eyes. She looked away before nodding, "Let's get going." 

The two left the cave and began walking, Damian was in front of Clove in case anyone attacked, if they did, he'd be hit first. Damian put a hand on the handle of his sword in case he needed to pull it out. "Are you ready?" Clove asked as they walked with each other. "For what?" He asked as he turned to look at her, "To win obviously." She exclaimed, ""We're District two, we never lose!" 

"We've lost a few times," He chuckled while walking, "Name one time we lost." She challenged, he thought for a moment. "53rd games," He claimed, "Who won?" She asked with a raised brow. "Eros Gataki, district eleven!" Damian smiled proudly, he wasn't gonna mention the games Bishop was in, it hurts him every time it's spoken about. Clove rolled her eyes playfully, "Isn't he the one who fell in love with some girl in the games?" She asked, Damian shrugged but as he did a canon went off. Someone just died. 

"Who do you think just died?" Clove asked, he thought for a moment. "No idea." He responded, he continued walking. They make it to the cornucopia, they walk over and look through the supplies. Damian looked over at a spot and it where Marcus snapped and tried to kill Clove. Damian would never know why Marcus tried to kill Clove, he wish he had knew, so the boy could still be alive right now. 

While Damian searched through the supplied, he thought to himself for a moment. He always had a feeling about something in the arena, he felt like his heart was beating for one of the tributes, he had a feeling it was Clove but sometimes he wondered if it were for Marcus

"Dames!" Clove snapped the Hadley out his thoughts, "Yeah?" He asked, looking up from the supplies. "Are you feeling okay?" She asked, "You've been acting strange ever since...Marcus died..." 

"I'm fine," Damian shrugged the thoughts off, she stared at him for a bit longer before sighing. He looked back down at the supplies, he had more thoughts go through his head but this time they were about Clove. He did notice how they're relationship grew apart since the start of the games but he can't help but notice how he felt around her. He knew he loved somebody in that arena. 

But he didn't know who.

***

They made it back to the cave and were sitting there, Damian had his hand on his stomach which still had a bloody bandage on it. "Only me, you and I'm guessing Peeta and Katniss." Damian spoke up as he looked at his best friend. "Unless Peeta and Katniss had a couple's disagreement so she killed him." Clove joked, Damian laughed a bit at her comment. She scooted closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder, he glanced down at her before smiling with a blush forming on his cheeks. She looked up at him, putting her chin on his shoulder. He glanced to her lips before leaning in, she noticed and leaned in as well.

They slowly got closer and closer until they were inches apart, Damian was about to close the gap until a loud howl is heard outside. 

The two instantly pull apart from each other, "What was that?" Clove asked as they both stood up, "The ending," He told her before running out the cave with her. While they were running, Damian is tackled by some sort of wolf or dog. The dog bit Damian's leg and he let out of scream of agony. He reached for his sword and grasped it, he hit the mutt with it, killing it. Damian got up with the help of Clove. They run to the cornucopia, with the mutts on their tail. Damian climbed on top of the cornucopia before pulling Clove up. Clove hugged Damian quickly before pulling away. They looked to see Katniss and Peeta running to the cornucopia, Damian ran to the edge and offered a hand to Katniss, pulling her up. He then pulls Peeta up, a mutt snapped a Peeta and him so they both backed away.