CHAPTER 13

"I can't believe you gave him all that money. I vow to get it back," I declared.

"No need, Sage. And I'm sorry for the way I acted. It's all that caffeine," he chuckled.

"Oh no, love, you've got it all wrong. I'm getting the money back for myself," I said, beyond mad.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I asked, eating a banana.

"I need your creative side to help me design everything," he replied.

"My creative side died when I woke up today. I'm so exhausted. I've seen way too many humans in one day for me to function well," I explained.

"Come on, find it. Seriously, you have one minute to find it. Now, before you find it, help me chop those cabbages. And when you're done, you can help me take the grill to the backyard," he instructed.

I lifted my broken arm, and he rolled his eyes.

"You better pay me for all of this hard work," I mumbled.

"I'll pay you with a lifetime supply of my food," he answered while marinating the chicken.

Fair enough.

➳➳❦︎❦︎➳➳

"It's all your fault. Now I have nothing to wear other than your hoodie and the jeans I left here last Friday," I complained.

"You look cute. Now come on, they're almost here," he complimented, adding the last finishing touches.

My cheeks might be red, but I'm still mad.

One thing I've noticed about Hayden is that he's a perfectionist, and it's a little bit annoying.

✿︎ DING-DONG✿︎
✿︎ DING-DONG✿︎
✿︎ DING-DONG✿︎
✿︎ DING-DONG✿︎
✿︎ DING-DONG✿︎

That's probably my family. I can feel it in my bones. That's probably Aiden being the overly dramatic and impatient person he is. He can't help it; it's in his blood.

"I'm coming," Hayden quickly made his way to the front door with me behind him.

He opened it, and I saw a lot of smiling faces.
I guess it's not my family.

"You guys made it"He smiles.

"Oh and who's your pretty and cute friend Look at her, she's like a kitten,is she yours girlfriend " a beautiful dark-haired woman pulled my cheeks.
Oh my God she called me pretty.

"Mom, stop it. Sage's not my girlfriend," Hayden intervened.

"Aw, her name's Sage. How beautiful. I'm Sofia, Hayden's mom. If he ever does anything bad to you, give me a call, and I'll give him a beating," she smiled, and I giggled, nodding my head.

"Come take this food inside" she urged, shoving a bunch of food into his arms.

"Sage, Maria told us so much about you. I'm Zeus, Hayden's brother."

"Oh, I didn't know I was popular," I smirked.

"Oh, please. You're the only girl Hayden has ever intro---"

"Anyway, this way please," Hayden interrupted, pulling me away from this gorgeous brother.

"If everybody's done introducing themselves to Sage, please help me set the table outside while we wait for Sage's parents," Hayden announced.

"You invited her parents? Are you sure you aren't dating?" Hayden's dad, Eren, asked with a smirk.

✿︎ DING-DONG✿︎
✿︎ DING-DONG✿︎
I guess that should be them.

"I'll get it," I stood up and made my way to the front door.

"Hey, guys," I greeted.

"We brought wine," Mom smiled.

Dad and the rest of the gang walked in.

"Dad, remember, be nice, okay?" I said, looking at his grumpy face.

"Mom, Dad, meet Sofia and Pedro, Hayden's parents," I introduced them.

"This is Alfredo, my dad, and Aurelia, my mom," they shook hands. I left them to chat.

My dad and Eren chatted away, laughing and talking like long-lost friends, while my mom was busy having her own tea party with Maria, and Sofia mom,

The guys were all busy with the grill, having a couple of beers and chatting the night away.

"It turned out great, don't you think?" Hayden asked.

"Yeah, it could have been worse," I sighed, enjoying the night.